• Chapter 18 •

• Kaye's POV •

We were still at the beach and we were all sitting around the fire, watching the sun set.

Kylie's phone started ringing and 'wind it' started playing. "that's my song!" I yelled dancing to it. she laughed and shut her phone off.

"Turn that song on. I gotta dance now." I said. I took Callie's hand and we got up. "girl I want to see you wind it." It started.

Carter took Madison's hand and turned her around so her back was on his front. He grabbed her waist and they grinned to the music.

"Tell me why that looks so cute." Kylie said. it looked so cute when they danced together. we got up and started dancing to it.

"Shawn sing for us!" I yelled noticing his guitar. "You and Madison would sound so pretty together." Callie said. "they would!" I said.

Madison sat bye Shawn and he started playing a song. I didn't know it but they did and they sang together.

We watched as they looked into each other's eyes singing to each other. they looked so good together. I know she's dating carter but watching her and Shawn sing together is making me ship them.

I looked at carter who looked so jealous. I would be jealous too. Their faces got closer and the song soon ended when carter stormed off.

"Why is he mad?" Shawn asked. "y'all's chemistry." Cameron said. "good thing we don't have problems like that. we can't sing." Nash told Cameron.

Cameron laughed. "yep so you won't be singing with some girl." He said. "Taylor raps, you can't rap with anyone but me." Callie told Taylor.

He chuckled and put his arm around her shoulder and she cuddled into his chest.

I sat next to Matthew and laid my head on his shoulder. he put his arm around me. "I feel so safe in your arms." I told him. "good." he smiled.

"No lovey dovey crap." Cameron said. "you're right here, why would we?" I asked. he shrugged. I'm glad he didn't tell me to get off him.

I just wanted to lay with Matthew. "can we go walk?" I asked him. he nodded. "I'm gonna find Carter." Madison said. We nodded.

"We're gonna go walk." I said. Cameron gave Matthew a warning look. Matthew yelled his hands up, "calm down, I'm not going to do anything." He said.

We walked down the beach holding hands.

I really liked Matthew, like a lot.

• Next Day •

When we got home last night, I didn't see Hayes and I didn't see him this morning either.

I went downstairs. "where's Hayes?" I asked mom. "he's been in the screening room ever since we got home yesterday." I said. I nodded and went to the screening rooming.

His eyes were bloodshot red and puffy. "Hayes." I said. He just stared at the blank screen. I took his hand pulling him up.

I walked him outside and walked down to the lake near my house. We sat down on the bench. "Talk to me." I said. "I didn't want to her to leave." He said.

"You'll see her again." I said. "I know, but it's like everyone else girlfriend or boyfriend is here and mine isn't." He said.

"Hayes I don't mean to sound harsh but look at me and Matthew. we can't even date because people don't like the idea of that. we have to sneak around. when everyone is kissing their girlfriend or boyfriend. I always look over at Matthew wishing I could do that to him but I can't. there's been so many times where I want to kiss him and not have to worry about anyone but I can't do that. at least you can call your girlfriend and not have to worry about anyone hearing." I said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound selfish." He said. "you don't need to be sorry, just know that people have it worse. Jordan will be back." I told him.

He hugged me and we walked back to the house.

Madison was on the couch laughing about something with Shawn. "Where's carter?" I asked. "He won't talk to me." She said.

I went upstairs and carter was texting someone. "Who are you texting?" I asked laying on his bed. "some girl." he shrugged.

"Speaking of girls, what's going on with you and madison?" I asked. "she likes Shawn, I'm not going to get in the way of that." He said.

I rolled my eyes. I'm so over people who date. "All they did was sing to each other!" I yelled at him. "I'm jealous. I'm jealous that he can sing, I'm jealous that he's the same age as her, I'm jealous that he's good looking! What if she wants him?" He said.

"I-" I got cut off by Madison. "I don't want Shawn, I want carter. yes Shawn can sing, he's good looking, and the same age but it doesn't mean I want him. I want the hot, funny, boy I'm looking at right now." She smiled.

He looked behind him. "carter!" She laughed hitting him. "I was making sure it was me." He chuckled. "it's you." She smiled.

I'm so good at making things right.