• Chapter 37 •

• Kaye POV •

"Why wouldn't I tell mom? You left us and got drunk. Then drove home." I snapped at Cameron. "Kaye, it was a stupid mistake. We all make mistakes. Please don't tell." He begged.

"On one condition." I smirked. "Anything." He said desperately. I laughed, "you have to do everything I say." I said. "Like what?" He asked.

"If I want to go to the mall, you have no choice but to take me." I said. "Kaye, are you serious. Can't I just buy you candy or something like always?" He asked. I scoffed, "this isn't like always." I said.

"I'm not doing everything you say. I'm not your slave and you can't harass me like that." He said.

"You can't speak to me the way you did yesterday but you still did that." I started to say and he rolled his eyes, folding his arms not believing what I was saying.

"You're not allowed to go out past curfew but you still did that. You're not allowed to drink but you did that." I finished. He looked at me shaking his head. "I can't believe you." He said, before walking away.

"So do I tell mom or what!" I shout so he could hear. "I don't give a fuck!" He yelled. I followed after him. "you know how much trouble you're going to be in?" I asked him.

"I'm not going to be pushed around by my little sister. I'm not letting you black mail me. not this time." He said. At first I felt really bad, then I remembered what he said to me yesterday.

I went to the living room, playing with my phone. "are you really going to tell?" Hayes asked me. I shrugged, "are you going to tell on Nash?" I asked.

"I thought about it, but if I ever needed a favor again he wouldn't do it." he said. I hated how he spoke to me yesterday, but Cameron does a lot for me and I wouldn't want him to get in a lot of trouble when he gets me out of trouble a lot.

"Im not gonna tell." I said. "that's good." He smiled. I smiled leaning my head on his shoulder. he put his arm around me and we watched a movie.

Matthew came downstairs. "Kaye, let's go out." He said. I was actually really tired and I didn't want to do anything. "Can we do something tomorrow?" I asked.

"What? Are you to busy with Hayes?" He asked. "no, I'm tired. Why do you think I'm laying here." I said. "fine." He said, going upstairs.

"Kaye, I don't want to get in the middle of you guys. I don't want another fight." Hayes said. I got up, "then don't." I said. I went to find madison, but she was out with Carter.

I went to Cameron's room and he was laying down. "can I come in?" I asked. "No." He said. "please?" I asked. "I said no Kalyn." He snapped. "fine." I said. I started to walk out, but he started to say something, "don't forget to tell mom I didn't let you in my room." He said.

I gave him a confused look, "what's that supposed to mean?" I asked. "it means you always have to tell mom everything I do." He said standing up.

"No I don't!" I yelled. "you told her when I snuck out! You tell her every little thing! I always get you out of trouble and all you do is get me in trouble!" He yelled.

"I'm s-" he cut me off. "you're not sorry!" He yelled. "you can't tell me if I'm sorry or not! I am so you can shut your drunk ass up!" I yelled. he got really angry.

"Don't you have a hangover to get over." I hissed. he lifted his hand up and slapped me hard. I held my cheek and his eyes widened.

"CAMERON!" I heard someone yell. I turned around and it was Nash. "Kaye, I didn't mean to." His eyes saddened. I pushed past Nash and went to my room.

I slammed my door. I laid on my bed crying. The door opened and Matthew came in. he laid down comforting me. "He hurt me physically and mentally." I cried into him.

"He didn't mean to." He told me. "I don't care. he still did it." I said. the door opened and Hayes came in. "are you okay?" He asked. he walked over to my side of the bed and kneeled down.

He put an ice pack on my cheek. "Thank you." I forced a smile. "he feels terrible." He told me. "I don't care." I said. Hayes sighed and stood up.

"I'll leave you two." He said. "yeah, you do that." Matthew said. "he was just being nice, you should try that too." I told Matthew. "Fine, sorry." He told Hayes.

"Kaye can we talk?"

__________________________

15 votes

5 comments

For the next chapter'