• Chapter 39 •

• Kaye POV •

Me and Hayes were at the park. "damn that tree is big." Hayes said. I looked at the tree and it was really big. he took my hand and we climbed up it.

We started carving random things in the tree. "are you okay? Like honestly?" He asked. I smiled, "yeah. I don't know, after yesterday I've been happy. I want to have a good summer, no more drama." I said.

"That's good." He smiled. "how are you and Jordan?" I asked. "I don't know, I haven't spoken to her all week." I said. "why are you with this loser!" I heard someone yell.

I looked down to see Madison. "of course." Hayes chuckled. he threw a rock at her and we laughed when it hit carter instead.

"Hey!" Carter whined rubbing his head where the rock hit him. "you'll be alright." I said. They walked off after Madison said we were going to hang out with them later.

Me and Hayes were laughing about something that happened when summer first started and I never realized how much I missed the beginning of summer until we talked about all the things we did.

"I want to go back to that." I said. "me too." He said. I looked into his crystal blue eyes and smiled. "I've always loved your eyes." I said. "I've always loved your eyes." He said.

I laughed. it got quiet and he stared down at my lips. I didn't know what was going on, but the next thing I knew was that we were leaning in.

I felt his lips and I quickly pulled away accidentally pushing on Hayes who fell out of the tree.

I quickly got down. "are you okay?" I asked. He nodded. "I think we should get home." I said. I helped him up and we walked home.

It was really awkward and we didn't say one word to each other. we walked inside and Cameron and Nash were making a YouTube video.

"I want to make one!" I said jumping on the couch in between them. "this is my little sister!" Nash yelled hugging me from the side. "she was my sister first!" Cameron whined pulling him away from me.

"She my girlfriend." Matthew smirked kissing my cheek from behind. they both glared at him in a jokingly way. "well I'm bae!" Madison yelled. she looked at Hayes waiting for him to argue with her but he didn't.

"What happened?" She mouthed I told her I would tell her later. "okay, next question." Cameron said. he looked at his phone. "did Kaye and Hayes ever date?" He read.

Me and Hayes looked at each other and I quickly looked away. Matthew gave me a confused look. "we've never dated. he's my bestest friend." I looked into the camera.

"Plus, Hayes has a gorgeous girlfriend Jordan." I added. "Nest question." Nash said. "has Nash ever tried to hit on Kaye?" He read. we all started laughing. "guys, that's like me hitting on Kaye." Cameron laughed.

"Kaye is like my little sister!" Nash laughed. "That would be really gross!" I laughed. "I can twerk." Carter said. we all looked at him twerking on Madison.

She pretended to throw money on him and we laughed. Hayes just sat there staring at his phone.

"Hayes?" I said. Hayes got up and walked upstairs. I followed and so did madison. She closed the door behind her once we got in the room.

"Please leave me alone." he said. "Hayes, why are you ignoring me?" I asked. "I cheated on my girlfriend with you! Out of all people!" He yelled.

"What? Was that a downgrade!" I yelled. "That's not what I'm saying. It's just you guys are close and we're also close." He said.