• Chapter 85 •

• Hayes POV •

"Nilaaaa! Hurry." I whined. "Sorry Hayes, this is earlier than usual." She said. "Sorry, I just want to get there already." I said.

"Kaye?" She smirked. "duh." I said. She laughed and we got in the car. "So, you guys are officially dating?" She asked.

"Yes Nila. I've told everyone I've seen about ten times." I said and she smiled at me. "You guys are so cute, I knew it was going to happen." She smirked.

"Why is everyone saying that?" I asked. "We're just best friend." She mimicked my voice. "I don't sound like that." I chuckled.

We pulled into Kaye's driveway and got out. "Good morning." Melissa smiled, once we walked in. "Good morning." I smiled.

"Someone's happy." Cameron smirked. "It's Kaye." Nila said. "Nila." I said. "Speaking of Kaye, go wake her up." Trey said.

I went upstairs and she was sleeping. Her eyes were puffy and red. I noticed her phone which was still on.

I picked it up and saw she was trying to get Matthew to text her back. I told her to stop trying, he's not going to text her back.

I don't know where he's been at, I just know he's not contacting anyone or at least that's what Nash said.

I laid down beside Kaye and she opened her eyes. "Hi." Her voice cracked. We sat up and I sat criss crossed.

"I'm sad." She frowned. I pulled her on my lap, with her back facing me. I wrapped my arms around her torso, resting my head on her shoulder.

"I just miss him, a lot Hayes. I know he's okay, but something is telling me he isn't." She sighed.

"He's okay Kaye." I said. She turned to face me. "No, it's not. I feel terrible." She said. "He's okay, I promise." I said.

She nodded and I kissed her head.

"You smell like me." I chuckled. "I stole your shirt." She said. " Smile." I said. "No." She frowned, shaking her head.

"Pleaseeee!" I whined. "No boo." She said. I kissed her and she smiled. I kissed her again, but this time she fell back on her back.

I hovered over her and made a silly face, causing her to laugh.

"There's that smile." I smiled. She kissed me and I smiled, kissing back.

"Keep it PG! Hayes get off of her!" Cameron yelled. I quickly got off and he pointed for me to get out of her room.

Shit.

I walked past him and he jumped, causing me to flinch.

He chuckled and we went downstairs. I sat down at the table and finished my homework that I didn't finish.

Kaye later came downstairs and sat beside me. "Have you spoke to Matthew?" Cameron asked Kaye.

"Shut up." Kaye said. "Kalyn." Melissa said. "He keeps asking me and I already told him to stop." She said.

"Why do you want to know so badly?" Trey asked him. "Because Kaye's basically cheating on him with Hayes." He said.

"Me and Matthew are clearly done if he hasn't spoken to me in almost a month." Kaye shrugged.

She ate and then we got in Melissa's car. "Hayes, have they gotten you back on the team?" Melissa asked me.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Oh, good." She smiled. I was glad they excused my suspension.

We pulled in the school parking lot and she's turned the car off. "I hope you know you're not coming into the school." Kaye said.

"Um actually I am." Melissa said. "Mom you're embarrassing, you talk to much!" Kaye whined. Melissa shrugged and got out of the car.