• Chapter 79 •

• Kaye POV •

After the name calling and Hayes basically being so rude and mean about me accusing Jordan of cheating, I was right.

We got home and I sat at the table, while mom put something on my eye.

"Man, it's just getting worse." She groaned. "How bad?" I asked. Hayes looked and his eyes widened.

I got up and went to the bathroom. It was purple, probably going to be black in a few hours.

"Mom!" I whined. "I can't go to school like this let alone go out in public!" I yelled going back to the kitchen.

The door opened and dad walked in. "Oh my gosh, what happened to you?" He asked. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, I meant to call you. Hayes got into a fight so I had to go down there, then Kaye ended up getting hurt so I took her home." Mom said.

"It's fine." Dad told her. "Why are you here?" I asked. "Me and your mom were just going to talk." He said.

"Good, me and Hayes need to talk, so we're gonna go walk." I said and pulled Hayes out of the house.

"I'm sorry, okay." He said. "And who was right as always?" I asked. "You." He mumbled. "Who?" I asked. "You." He said clearly.

"Good." I smirked. We walked to an ice cream shop and got milkshakes.

"You should stay home for the next two days." He said. "I'm staying home until this bruise goes away." I said. "It looks really bad." He said.

"No shit." I said.

We started walking back and we just sat down on the curb talking.

"So I see you and that Leo guy are getting close." He said. "Leo's really fun." I smiled. Leo was a really good guy, I don't know, he's different.

"Do you like him?" Hayes asked. "Let's not go to far." I laughed, "he's cute and nice, but I don't like him." I shrugged.

"Would you tell me if you liked him?" He asked. "Yeah, I tell you everything." I said.

He smiled and nodded.

Dad came out with mom. "How about you come home with me tonight." Dad said. I looked at mom, "if you think I'm staying here by myself I'm not." She said.

"Sorry dad." I said. "What if your mom comes with us?" He asked. "Really?!" I yelled. Mom smiled and I hugged them both.

"Does that mean you guys are back together?" I asked. "we're getting there." Mom smiled at dad.

"We have to go stop by Chads and Nila's house, then we're gonna go home." Dad said.

"Ah man." Hayes groaned. I laughed and teased him and he glared. We drove to Chad and Nila's house and walked in.

Hayes hid behind me and I chuckled. "HAYES IS HOME!" I yelled so they could hear me. "Hayes come to the kitchen!" Nila called.

We went to the kitchen and I sat down. Mom and dad went to talk to Chad. I listened to Nila yell at Hayes and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm sorry." Hayes groaned. "Well your dad and mom discussed that you're grounded for two weeks." She said.

"Bleh." Hayes mumbled. We went upstairs to his room. "Good thing I have two laptops." He smirked.

"How the hell?" I laughed. "My mom got me one for my birthday, but I already had one." He said, "plus they always forget to take my iPod too." He said.