• Chapter 46 •

Hayes POV

"You're back!" I smiled hugging Kaye. "I missed flying back without you." She said hugging me back.

"What, was I not enough?" Nash asked. "Hayes is the better Grier." She smirked. "ew." He said.

"Well, we're tired. so goodnight." Cameron yawned. "Night." We said. "are you going to sleep with me tonight?" Carter asked Madison.

"No." I answered for her. "yeah, I can't tonight. but I love you." Madison said kissing him.

"Love you more." He smiled. "Sleep with me tonight." Matthew told Kaye. "Cameron would kill you and I'm with the bae tonight." She told him.

"I'm going to sleep. I love you." He soda kissing her. she kissed back and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"I love you." She said.

He kissed her forehead and went upstairs.

"So. what are we going to do now?" I asked. "They have a midnight football game today." Madison said. "what?" Kaye asked.

"Its when all the middle school football players play a football game." She said. "I've never been able to go to one because my parents say it's past curfew." I mumbled.

The curfew for people under eighteen is ten. Our town has a curfew for when kids can be lurking around town.

"That's what makes the football games fun. You're not supposed to be out, but you go anyways. One time the police showed up and everyone ran." Madison said.

"Let's go." Kaye said. "what?" We asked. "we can just sneak out." She shrugged. "Kaye really?" I asked. "yeah, come on." She said.

We agreed and walked out.

"I feel like a badass." I smirked, walking down the street. They looked at me before laughing.

"You're not even a badass. all you did was walk out the house without anyone knowing." Madison laughed.

"Yeah, it's not like you asked and they said no them you jumped out the window. That's a badass." Kaye said.

"No, badass would kind of be like walking out the door in front of them saying 'I'll do what I want'. yeah Hayes. you're not a badass. you wouldn't do that." Madison said.

"Nila would slap me if I did that." I chuckled. They laughed and we continued walking towards the schools football field.

"Hayes?" Kaye said. She walked in between me and Madison and I wrapped an arm around her shoulder and she wrapped an arm around my waist.

"What?" I asked. "How are you and Jordan?" She asked. "We haven't talked in awhile, but she's back and she's gonna be here." I said.

She pulled away, "well then." She laughed awkwardly. She wrapped her arms around Madison's neck and madison wrapped her arms around Kaye.

"Well then." I said pretending to be hurt. "Sorry, Madison's better." Kaye shrugged. "Yeah, sorry." Madison shrugged.

I shook my head, laughing,

We got onto the football field and Jordan ran over to me. "I missed you!" She smiled hugging me. I hugged her back and we sat on the bleachers.

"Hayes are you playing?" My friend Derek said. "No, I'm just watching." I said. "Come on." He said. "No, I'm sitting with my girl." I smirked, putting my arm around Jordan.

"No, I'm sitting with my girl." Kaye mimicked, doing what I did to Jordan. They started laughing and Jordan glared as a joke.

"Be nice." she laughed. "Jordan, you're laughing too." Madison laughed. "Number fours got a nice butt." I smirked. Madison looked and smirked also.

"Ew." Hayes chuckled. "Doesn't he Jordan?" I asked Jordan. Jordan started laughing, "I think Hayes has a nice butt."

Me and Madison looked at each other before laughing. "She's only saying that because she's your girlfriend." I told him.

"Yeah, so don't flatter yourself." Madison said. "Yeah, yeah." He said. Sadie and Sienna showed up and I smiled hugging them.

They sat down with us and the game started.

~

After the game, Me, Hayes and Madison told everyone bye and walked to the twenty four hour McDonalds.

I jumped on Madison's back and stayed there until we walked into McDonalds.

We went up to the cashier and Hayes ordered for us. "You should get me sprite because I'm your best friend and you love me." I told him.

"Don't be surprise if I spit in it." He glared going to get my sprite. "He wouldn't do that right?" I asked madison. she shrugged, sipping her coke.

We sat down at the table and waited until our food was down. "remember when we first went to McDonalds together and you thought it was disgusting that I dipped my fry into my McFlurry?" I asked Hayes.

He chuckled nodding, "then it turned out to be really good."

"Who are you texting?" I asked madison. "Carter." She replied, not looking up from her phone.

"Who else would she be texting?" Hayes asked.

"You're right. dumb question." I said.

"Number thirty six!" The guy called. we all stood up and Hayes grabbed the food. We walked back home and everyone was asleep.

"He misses me, I'm gonna go upstairs." Madison said, taking her fries out of the bag.

We didn't respond and she went upstairs.

"I've always wanted to sit on the roof." Hayes said randomly. I gave him a confused look and he showed me his phone.

"Let's do it." I nodded. "really?" He asked. "yeah. I have a balcony." I said. he nodded and we grabbed our food and went upstairs.

We went in my room and he grabbed a blanket and pillow. I opened the balcony door and we climbed on the roof.

"It's so beautiful. I used to come out here a lot, just to think or clear my head." I told him.

"We should have gotten McFlurries." I told him, once I ate a fry. "Let's go back." I joked. "I just wanna lay here." He said.

We laid down looking up at the stars.

It was quiet, not an awkward quiet, but a nice quiet.

"I like this." He said, turning over and looking at me. "Me too." I smiled.

___________________________

30 votes

10 comments

For the next chapter (:

Thanks for the sweet comments haha, glad you guys love my book!