Austin

Best friends become lovers pt.1

A/N can I just start off by saying how I love my lane so much, although I switch constantly 😂😂.

Your P.O.V

I'm standing in front of my cash register ringing up Mrs.Campbell's food.

"Thank you so much sweetheart" I smile "It's no problem at all honestly Mrs.Campbell" I bag her stuff up and put it in her cart.

The next person in line sits their candy on the shelf "can I grab one of these snickers" I shrug my shoulders "I don't see why not, your gonna have to pay for it though" he throws the snickers on the shelf and I ring his items up.

"That'll be 11.56 sir" he hands me the money and I look up "sir this is a hundred doll- Austin Porter is that you" he chuckles and nods "yea it's been awhile since I've actually seen you, you look so different and you dyed your hair" I nod my head "yea, I feel like purple suits me better and you dyed yours too" he smiles "don't laugh at me but I wanted to look like naruto".

I snicker "are you serious" he nods his head "yea" I smile and begin to bag his things up "so what bring you back to town" he grabs his things "came to visit my family haven't seen them in awhile and I kinda came here hoping to run into you which I did".

I smile and he runs his fingers through his hair "would you like to hang out some time, before I leave" I nod my head "yea, I'd like that" he begins to walk away "you remember where I live right" I nod my head "yep last house down on Maple St. has woods surrounding it kind of" he smiles "you got it, oh and here's my number before I forget".

He leaves and I finish up at the register seeing that I have 30 more minutes until I can go home.

|30 MINUTES LATER|

I finish up at the register and collect my things "see you later y/n". I smile and wave at my co-worker "see you later".

I get in my car and head to the local poetry slam that's going on at Jason's Café.

I enter the café and buy a latte then I take a seat in the back, I feel a presence sit down next to me "is this seat taken" I shrug my shoulders "you sit down then you ask if the seats taken, no it isn't" he laughs "you know you shrug your shoulders a lot".

I laugh "and you seem to be following me around a lot" he slaps his knee "you forget that I live here too".

I look at him and chuckle "so, how's the coolest state in the world treating you" he sighs "it's amazing everything I imagined, you know if you want I can show you one of the murals I did yesterday" I nod my head and throw my latte away "let's get out of here".

We both leave the café "it's in walking distance, you can leave your car if you want" I nod my head and we start to walk "why didnt you tell me that you were leaving" he sighs and stops walking "you were my best friend, you still are I couldn't face you it just hurt too much".

I nod my head "it hurt too much, how do you think I felt I thought there was something wrong with me, my best friend left me and made new ones, you went to LA without any explanation and now you come back like nothing happened, no I can't do this right now I'm going to go home" I start off to my car.

He follows "y/n can we just talk about this" I stop and turn to him "I need time to process this, it's been a year almost and I'm just now recovering then you come back and rip the wound right back open" I get in my car and head home.