Part 15: number

"What are you guys looking for?" I asked seeing Matt looking around the roses, Shawn is by the daisies and Brian is just stood by the counter, watching my every move as I wondered around the shop with his friends, looking at the flowers and trying to figure out what I can help him with.

"We're looking for flowers for lover boy over here's girlfriend. She likes pink by the way, not too dark just like a soft baby pink." Shawn spoke, rolling his eyes a bit as he clearly shown the even he knows tok muh about their relationship. It's seems sweet.

"Maybe the pink roses?" I gave an option and opinion, seeing both Matt and Shawn walking over to the pink roses and looking in awe at them. They exchanged a small look of satisfaction before looking back at the roses.
"Which do you prefer if you could choose?" I heard the question from afar, seeing Brian-guy walking closer to us at a slow pace. His hand in his pockets and his eyes glued to the floor before looking up at us all.

Even Shawn and Matt turned to look at him, but they seemed surprised that he even spoke a word.

I smiled at him as my cheeks were burning a crimson red. "Me?" He nodded, "I prefer the poppies. Especially the orange and yellow ones." I said, giving him my honest answer.
He nodded, feeling satisfied with the information he got from me as he slowly disappeared in to the back of he shop as I stood by Matt, waiting for him to make his decision.

"I think I'll take the pink roses. But surprise me with something in between them. I feel like you have a good input when it comes to flowers." He smiled and I felt the joy in my heart of
making up my very first bouquet of flowers for a customer.

Is it weird that I find this deeply exciting? No, it's just pure passion I guess.

I grabbed a few pink roses and some small white flowers, throwing them in between each other as I walked over to the other counters where I wrapped it up in brown paper, tied a thread around it and just made it look beautiful. "What's her name?" I asked, smiling up at Matt. "Megan, but you can just write Meg." He said sweetly. MJust by the way he talks about her I can hear how much he adores and loves her.

I wish Daniel talked about me that way.

I found myself frowning when I thought about Daniel and our relationship. But just realized it when Matt pointed it out. "Are you okay?" I snapped out of my frown and thoughts. "Mm,
Oh yeah. Perfectly fine." He smiled again, handing me ten dollars for the bouquet as I handed it to him.
"Thank you so much. I think she'll love them."
"I hope she does." I smiled at him.

"Well it was really nice seeing you again. You should really give me a call, I didn't give my number for you for no reason at all Tahnée." He said, smiling warmly at me. How is he so nice, how are they all so nice?
I guess it's a Canadian thing.

"I will. Thanks." I chuckled, feeing a bit ashamed that I haven't gave him a call yet, but to be honest, I haven't found problem with anything yet or needed help in finding something.
"Yeah, take my number too and I'll give you Brian's number as well." Shawn said, leaning over the counter and taking my phone as I handed it to him.

He entered his and Brian's numbers in my phone and I did the same to him and Matt's phone, but Brian was still nowhere to be seen.
"I'll give him your number." Shawn winked, making me laugh as my cheeks burned again.
They made their way out to the door and just then I saw Brian joining them again.

Where dis he even come from?

"Bye!" I waved with a smile as they all left. I watched them as they left, seeing Brian glancing back to me over his shoulder.
I waved at him, seeing the shy smile awaking on his lips.
He is a cutie.

As I made my way back to the front counter I saw a small pot with a orange and yellow poppy flower in, standing by the cash register.

'You, for me, are way prettier that poppies.'

I smiled at the note, laughing a bit as I admired the poppies. That's why he asked.
"That's so sweet." I smiled nonstop for a long while. It made my day, because nobody ever did something like that for me. Ever.

As I waited in the store, spinning arounyon my chair I heard my phone dinging from my bag under the counter. I looked at the door to see if anyone is coming in before I ducked down and searched through my bag to find my phone.

It was Micheal

Big toe: hey, how's Canada?

Just as I wanted to reply I heard the bell going of, making my jump and I hit my head under the counter. "Ooh ouch." I laughed at myself, rubbing the top of my head. "What are you doing down there?" I heard the laugh of a familiar voice.
I looked up to dind Brian hanging over the counter to look at me. He's back again. But alone.
"I was searching for my phone bt you scared me when you came in." I laughed through the pain as I got back on to my chair. "What are you doing back here?" "I was told to come back and overcome my shyness." He blushed a bit, scratching the back of his neck as he let ot a nervous chuckle.

"Thank you for the uhm.."
"The poppies?"
"Yeah. It's really sweet of you, and I appreciate it a lot. Thanks."
"No problem." He blushed even more.
"So I'm guessing Shawn send you back to come and get my number?" He nodded shyly. "You really don't have to be shy Brian, I was told that I'm the most down to earth person. I guess I am, or well yeah..." I laughed as I rambled on about completely nothing. "See, now even I'm nervous." I blushed and we both laughed to clear out the tense moment that came between us.

"Here." I took his hand in mine and wrote down my number on his arm because I didn't have a piece of paper near me now.

xxx-xxxx-xxx
Tahnée

"Thank you."
"Don't be shy."
He waved at me again as he walked out of the store.

Sweet guy.