Part 40: i might just have found him

//micheal//

I miss Tahnée.

Our fight wasn't planned and if I can turn time around I'd take back everything I said. It was wrong of me to say those things and I know it won't change anything is I saythat I'm sorry. Yes, we'll probably be okay again, but like always, the words will remain.
It's entirely my fault and I wish I can make it all right... but how?

I never felt this disappointed in myself about saying that I wish I never supported her. It was my best decision yet, to support her because I want a good future for her as much as she wants one too.

But Daniel... he's screwing her up. And I don't know how to tell her, but I need to. Eventhough she might already have the theory about it.

-

As I walked out of the house, greeting my mother with a peck on the cheek as she's off to work. This gloomy Saturday, and she was called in to check on a patient. I stood in the driveway with my hands in my pockets, looking at Tahnée's house infront of me, just across the road.
It took me a few weeks to get use to the fact that the house is there, but she's not.

Emptiness. In not only her presence, but my heart.

I hope she found someone who makes her happy already. Someone she can fall in love with. Best hope it's Shawn or Brad from the Vamps. But Tahnée is always interested in the underrated people.
So she'll find herself some guy who is insecure, so that she can help him and through just being his best friend... she'll fall in love.

That's what happened to me. I fell in love with Tahnée, that's why I kissed her, because I never got the chance to be her boyfriend. To hold her in a different way than just a friend. But I know, she's more of a sister than girlfriend.
At least that way I know we'll be friends forever instead of just some stupid arguments ruining the relationship and the friendship with it.

But we're stronger than this. We can get through this and I won't let my mistake of starting this argument ruin our friendship of so many years.

I saw Daniel driving by, pulling up in the driveway of Bethany's house. My eyebrows furrowed together. "What are you doing Daniel?" I whispered to myself, going back inside and grabbing my car keys before heading back out again. I waited in my car till I saw him walking out of her house and got back in his car, driving off again.

Messy hair being fixed in the rear view mirror as he drove off. Just as he turned down the next corner in the street I started my car and followed him. "The fucking bastard." I said, not much surprised by his actions when I saw him pulling in to the garage of Hannah's house.
Not only is he playing Tahnée, but he's screwing both Bethany and Hannah in the process.

If I get my hands on him, he'll be sorry.

I waited outside though, wanting to confront him in front of her. Make him a bit humiliated by the fact that he's being called out in front of his 'girlfriend'.

-

It was about an hour and a half later when he came walking out to his car, hand in hand with Hannah. I got out, slamming my door shut and rushing over the road with rage boiling inside of me. "Micheal?" He said with big eyes. My fist connected with his jaw and the loud crack was heard when he fell to the ground.
"Micheal! What the hell!" Hannah yelled, pushing me away as she bent down to help up her precious angel.

"You are a dick." I spat, "Why are you here fucking Hannah when you know all to well that Tahnée is there somewhere in the world being the most loyal girlfriend ever!"
"She doesn't know." He laughed. The fire inside me almost being encouraged as I raised my fist again, ready to hit him. But I saved the hard punch for later. "How can you do this to her? After everything she's been through with you, this-this is how you treat her?"
He pressed his finger against his lip to see if the blood is still present.

"It was her choice Micheal, she moved away." It clearly isn't bothering Hannah that he's messing around with her whilst having a girlfriend. She finds it as nothing.
His mistake, not to be compared with her.

"But it's your mistake, you can be loyal as well." I was just turning around to walk away when he laughed, "She's just a stick in the mud, no fun-"

I smiled down to the ground, taking my fist in my one hand and caressing over my knuckles. I blocked out all the other words he said about Tahnée. "Good." I said with a small chuckle, "I'm happy you said that." And with those words leaving my lips I spun around and hit him hard on the jaw again.
This time the sound made a hard crack and I knew... broken.

"Fuck you."
I walked away.

-

//tahnée//

Sick. That's what I am.
I knew standing outside in the rain and cold a few days ago was a mistake but what can I say? My mind was cleared out and most of my worries were 'washed' away with the storm.

As were my tears.

My phone ringed and I was still on the bed we made for Brian, rolling around in the abundance of blankets in search for it. I stared at the caller ID.

Micheal.

"Micheal?" I said, sounding like a frog. "Tahnée, are you okay?" "I'm a bit ill but I'm okay." He went silent for a while. "Tahnée, I'm so sorry about our fight. I don't want to argue with you when we're so far ap-" "It's okay Micheal. I'm sorry too. I guess I just got a bit carried away because I miss you and I-" I hitched in a deep breath before breaking down.

"I'm a screwup Micheal. I leave the ones I love behind and then just make it hard for everyone else." "That's not true Tahnée." I just cried in to the phone. Wishing he was here to hug me, tell me that everything will be okay and his warm hands caressing my cheeks as he wipes away my tears.

"Please stop crying Tahnée. I hate it that I can't be there to comfort you." I smiled at his statement, swallowing my tears as I wiped the wetness on my cheeks away.

"Daniel he-"
I chuckled, cutting him off from his sentence. "I know, you don't have to say it." "But if you know, why don't you do anything about it?"
"It's his loss Micheal. I know I did a lot for him and I'll lie if I tell that it doesn't hurt, but screw him. I can have a better life here."

In that time I got up and threw a hoodie over my head, fixed up a small bun and walked out of the messy apartment to the street. I want to buy myself some flowers from Miss Lily and then, get some medicine from the drugstore. Just to feel a bit better.
"I broke his jaw." He said with no emotion, makig me stop in my footsteps right outside of the flower shop.

I'm not in today, but on Monday I'll come back. If by then I'm wel again.

"You did what!" "He's screwing both Hannah and Betahny, Tahnée. Do you really expect me to just sit around and watch as he messes with my best friends heart and feelings?"
"Aww. You're a sweetheart Micheal."
I'm not going to fight with him over a broken jaw, because if I was in the situation with Micheal... I would've done the same for him.

I grabbed myself a bouquet of flowers, lining it up on my account and just walked out to the drugstore a few shops down.
Still on the phone with Micheal, he told me about all the things going on at his new job. Despite all the chaos and madness, he said he made a few good cash to get a ticket for Canada.

My boy is coming to visit.

"But tell me about you Tahnée."
"What about me?"
"Did you find that lover you promised me yet?"
As I stood by the counter to pay for the few boxes of medicine, I looked over to the door, seeing Shawn and Brian standing outside of the shop, talking... saying goodbye.
Shawn got in his car and drove off, and just as Brian turned around to walk away, his eyes got caught up in mine.

A smile almost immediately awakening on both of our lips and not to lie, but my heart took a little leap. I thougt about the question Micheal just asked me and got even more happy...

I smiled, "I might just have found him."