Part 68: crises

//brian//

She knows something, it's like they all know something that I don't. And my gut tells me that it's all still linked up with whatever happened back that night we got so drunk.

But I'm not complaining to be with her. She wants me here, it's not just me that wants to be here. I know what we have isn't like any other normal friendship, like her and Micheal's... I mean they even kissed once. But that doesn't mean anything. They're still best friends, but what we have, I know this can be more.

Later on she woke up again. I didn't sleep. Maybe rested a but I wasn't fully gone. "You're a creep." She smiled, turning around and stretching out before taking my hand in hers and tightening my grip around her. "Why?" "I could feel you looking at me the entire time."

I'm such a creep, I know. But what can I say? I like looking at her just because every time I look at her I see something new about her that I didn't notice before. All her beauty, never enough time to see it all so when I get a chance... I'm taking it.

"Hey, why so silent all of a sudden?" She turned around to me, all concerned and eyebrows furrowed together. "I just— I still feel bad about accusing you and Shawn over nothing."
"Brian!" She stretched out my name as she laughed. "It's in the pa—" "Yeah yeah, the past, I know I know. But still. I feel ba—"
"Ha-ta-ta-ta-ta." She shushed me again, "Past!" She said sternly, pecking my cheek before wrapping her arms around my neck, pushing me over till she was resting right ontop of me.

"You're heavier than what I remeber." I tried to sound out of breath but she looked at me with shock in her eyes before standing up and tried to walk away. "No no I'm joking!" I grabbed ahold of her waist, pulling her back to me. "Let go." She laughed, clapping my hands. I flipped her around and got to push her back so that she flopped down on the couch.
I pinned her down, each one of my hands holding one of hers. Our eyes aligned, and our smiles slowly faded in sync.

"Now what?" She whispered to me. The sparks in her eyes glittering more by the sound of her heart beating in my ears. "I don't know." I whispered back, now my smile fully gone and I just looked down at her. If I can just— no. It's too soon. Maybe not the right timing.
She moved her hand slightly out of mine, clamping it down around my neck as she softly and gently played with the hair at the nape of my neck. "I have to tell y-" "Evening Lovebirds!" Micheal yelled as he swung the bedroom door open. Running out to us and within that second I jumped down from where I was hovering over Tahnèe.

"Nae, are you ready for our dinner date?" He asked, taking her hands in his and pulling her up from the couch. "I totally forgot about that." She admitted. Micheal wasn't at all impressed, but knowing him he doesn't really care. Yes, he smiled immediately after giving her a stink eye.
"I bettet go then." I said, feeling a bit of an ache in my heart that I now don't know what Tahnée wanted to tell me. But it looked like something big. That I need to know.

She smiled sadly at me, nodding as I said I should go and then she walked me out. "We'll talk again." I said, pecking her cheek a last time before walking down the stairs, back to my car across the street.

What did she want to tell me? Was is urgent?

-

//tahnée//
(Following week)

Shawn: 7:30?

Me: 7:30.

I closed the chat with Shawn after confirming the time with him and opened the text between Brad and I.

Me: 7:30. just confirming the time.

Bradley: yes yes, 7:30. see you then xx

I smiled at his text before locking my phone and rushing to get ready. I have fifteen minutes before I need to go, but that'll be enough time. I rushed through the shower and got dressed within just a few minutes. I got my hair up in a high ponytail and just got some mascara on before grabbig shoes and bag, locking the door behind me and ran down the stairs.

I heard the honking from across the street, seeing Shawn there waving his hand out of the window. "Yeah yeah I'm coming." I ran over the street as I laughed. My feet hurting as I crossed the road, the small rocks stabbing my feet as I do.
"Funny how the one confirming the time ends up late. Isn't it?"
"Oh shut up Shawn." I laughed, getting my shoes on as he started driving away to the location of the meet up with Brad.

I'm not entirely sure if he'll bring the rest of the band along considering I'm bringing Shawn with me. I hope he does. More people is a fun group.
We arrived a few minutes later, seeing Brad, Tristan, Conor and James all walking in to the arranged cafe. "We're late." "No we're not, they just walked in too." I defended myself because it's my fault that we're later than planned.

It's 7:48.
Around 7:50 we walked in to the cafe ans met up wih the guys. "You're late." Bradley laughed as I greeted him with a tight hug. "But you guys just walked in?" I said all confused as I looked at them. "We took a walk, like, three times around the block." James said in his solid accent. "Weren't you the one confirming the time like four times?" Conor asked and I saw Tris also laughing. "I'm sorry okay!" I laughed, sitting down next to Bradley and Shawn took a seat next to me.

A waitress came over and we started ordering drinks to later on order food. So far so great. It's really fun to see them all again. Last time I interacte with the guys we were at Shawn's party. That was... what, two and a half months ago.

"So what are the Christmas plans?" Brad asked as he turned to me. The rest of the group were all caught up in their own conversations, so we started our own. "I'm not sure. I mean, I'm thinking about going back home for a while but I don't know. As much as I'd like to stay here and enjoy Christmas with my new friends, I'd also like to spend it with my family."
"Yeah. Family first." He chuckled. "When are you guys coming to play here?"
"Next March."
"No way." I gasped loudly, making the rest cut off their conversations and turn to us for a second, but then continued talking. "That's in my birthday month." I continued, "Hopefully my mom will surprise me with a ticket or two for Christmas."

His cheeks started glowing red, but it was nothing compared to Brian's. "If you find some let me know, I have a few backstage passes to give away and I can only give them to ticket holders."
"Oh great. You'll then be the first one to know if I got tickets or not." I laughed. We all joined in on a conversation over breakfast, talking about Shawn's next album and how they should definitely do a collaboration again some time.

In the middle of breakfast, my phone went off.

Brian: i need to see you

Me: what's wrong?

Brian: can i come by the store?

Me: i'm off today... brian, what's wrong?

I elbowed Shawn on the arm and made him look at the texts. "What's up with him?" He asked but I just shook my head, shrugging my shoulders. "I don't know. What if he remembers the kiss now?" I whispered to him. "Do you want to go?" I looked around the table, seeing all the guys now looking at us. "Do you want to come over to my apartment?" I blurted out, without even thinking about it all. "Sure." They said, almost in unison.

Fuck.

Me: my place?

Brian: okay x

I locked my phone right before we all got up and walked out. They got in their car and Shawn just told then to follow him. "Tahnée, do you think he'll be okay with it when we show up with all the guys when he just asked for you?"
He's right. It's kind of weird now.
"I'll pull hm aside, talk to him alone." Shawn just nodded, taking off and driving to my apartment.