Part 88: a scare

//tahnée//

( 2 weeks after )

College started again and Brian and I are separated again. Everything went basically back to normal... but yet not entirely.

Things are different between us now and I like the idea of getting home and then, having to spend my afternoon with him. Some days he even surprises me when he waits outside to pick me up. And there's nothing I can ask for more than what he already does for me.

I was in class when I got a text, it shock me to the bone but I knew I'm far away from him. Whatever he does... he can't get to me.

Daniel: this is not over tahnée

I threw my phone back in to my bag and tried to focus on the rest of the class, but I kept on imagining him walking through the door at any minute and my heartbeat keeps on fastening. "Tahnée. Tahnée!" I was pulled back to reality, seeing my professor standing in front of me with her eyebrows furrowed together. "I'm sorry I—" but then the timer at the front of the class went off and class was over. "We'll continue here tomorrow." She said, looking straight in to my eyes.

A hard sigh left my lips as I stood up, taking my book and placing them in my bag as I walked out of class. I'm shaking. My entire body aches and my heart feels like it's contracting with every beat. "Tahnée!" I heard a yell but it sounded so muffled by my thoughts in my head. I stopped in the hallway, looking at whoever it was. "Hey Michelle." "Are you okay? You were kind of lost back there in class." She chuckled, walking with my down the hall. "Yeah I'm okay I was just thinking." "About Brian?" She smirked at me, making me both blush and laugh. "Maybe." I lied.
But her reaction to that and her response... it made me even more confused. "Be careful with him Tahnée. He may not be who you think he is."

"What does that mean?" I looked at her but she just told me to find out on my own before walking off in a different direction. "What?" I questioned it all. What does she mean by he may not be who I think he is? I know him. He told me everything about him.
Or do I? Is there something he's not telling me? No. I trust him. It's Brian.

As I walked out I saw the familiar car standing across the road, seeing Brian leaning on the side of his car with a smile on his face as he saw me walking out of the building. "Why are you just standing there?" He yelled as I took a stand to look at him. "Just enjoying the view for a moment." I yelled back before walking up to him. "Wait a second..." he said once I reached him.
Even before he kissed me hello he took my face in his hands and looked at me with a small surprised look.

"You just said that you were enjoying the view... so that night on the rooftop at Shawn's party when he talked about the view—" "Yeah. It was you." I chuckled, seeing his cheeks turning a crimson red shade as he smiled down to me.
"Awww. So all this time." "All this time, yeah." I said softly as he leaned closer, closing the space between our lips. "What's wrong?" He asked as he pulled away, still leaning against the car with his hands on my hips, looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed together. "Nothing." I chuckled, looking at him weirdly.
"Tahnée, I felt the strangeness and tension in your kiss. What's wrong?" He asked softly, taking my hand in his and brushing a small strand of hair in behind my ear.

"Nothing Brian. It was just a long day, I just want to go home." I sighed, resting up on him with my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me. "I'll take you home." "And you'll stay?" He nodded with a smile, pecking my lips and opening the door for me as I got in to the car.

He drove me back to my place and we made coffee. But he was silent, just looking at me and trying to figure out what it is I'm hiding from him. "Stop staring at me like that." I stood up from where I was and sat down next to him, cuddling in to his side as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "I just want to know if you're okay." "I'm okay." I said, looking up at him. He pecked my lips and I could taste the bitter taste of coffee on his lips. "God I love you." "Brian!" "Oh stop whining about it!" He laughed, placing his cup down on the table before removing mine from my hands as well. "What are you doing?" I asked, looking at him with fear.

"I swear to god if you're gonna tickle— No! Brian no!" I laughed, jumping up and running to my room. "Please don't." I laugh, running around and jumping over the bed as he tried to push me in to a corner. I was on the bed and he stood down on the floor infront of me. I can get past him. If I jump and leap far enough I'll make it to the door and get past him. Okay.
I took a stand and jumped but midair, right before my feet touched the ground, he caught me, spunning me around before throwing me back down on to the bed.

He crawled up on me, pinning my hands down on each side of my face as he intertwined his fingers with mine. "What now? Your hands are tied too." "I guess they are." "That's great." I chuckled, knowing he won't tickle me now.
"You're everything I could've ever wished for." He spokes softly, his eyes looking straight to mine. "I don't know how I got so lucky." "Stop." I whispered back to him, shaking my head as I smiled. "It's true though. I never felt this happy and loved in a relationship before and it's all you. When I saw you walking out that buidling door today I knew you're the one. You're mine. I saw you and I fell in love all over again, like ever other time I see you."

He amazes me. His words touching my heart and I felt the tears in my eyes. "Don't cry." "But I can." I said, blinking my eyes to get them away. He just chuckled as he looked down at me, "But don't." He started laughing, letting go of my one hand to wipe away the tear from the side of my face.

"You're so beautiful." I said, cupping his cheeks as he still pressed himself up from the bed, hovering over me. I pulled him down on to me before flipping us over so I was on top of him. "How's things going in the family?" He just sighed, giving me that answer I needed. I brushed my fingers through his quiff, making him look at me as we layed on the bed. "I'm better off here with you or at my place, rather than being there." "I get you." I sighed as well.

He's the last person who deserves this kind of treatment from anyone, especially his parents if they know what he's been through.

"I should probably head back home."
"Do you need to?" I asked, hearing my own voice sounding a bit scared or terrified about him leaving me now and then I'll be all alone. "I need to. My dad's coming home and he actually, for once, called me and said that he wants to talk to me so I have to head over there after going home." He sat up, with me still on his lap. I wrapped my legs around his torso and linked my hands together behind his neck. "But I'll see you soon." The smile on his lips, so surreal. "Soon." I chuckled, pressing my lips to his before he stood up.

"Are you gonna let go?" He laughed as I still held on to him, his hands on my thighs to keep me up as he walked around the house to grab his keys, jacket and phone. "I don't want to." "I love you." He left a sweet kiss in my neck, and I jumped down from his body. "Let me know when you get home and also tell me about your dad if that's done, okay?"
"Promise." He kissed me one last time, saying goodbye before leaving and I ran over to my window. Waiting for him to appear out on the street before I saw him at his car. He waved up to me, blowing a kiss my way and then he got in and drove off.

Now I'm alone. Where my thoughts haunt every move I make and any small sound can be an intruder.
My heartbeat never rests.