Part 62: don't know why

//shawn//

I saw Tahnée talking to Brian as I sat next to Micheal on the mattress on the floor, next to the TV.
The conversation was heated and I could see she was confused by his both his appearance and attitude. He snapped back at her at a time for no apparent reason and I saw it taking away of her.

"What's that all about?" Micheal whispered to me as he turnedhis back on the situation, and not wanting to interfere, I slightly did the same. "I don't know, he haven't been talking to me either this morning." I whispered back to him. But a deep anger came over me when I heard him talking to her the way he does.

She's the first person, the first girl who came in to his life and made him happy without it taking parts of him. Not breaking what's already broken but rather putting it all back together. Now he does this, treat her like dirt.

For what?
What did she do to him?
She simply just went over to talk to him, see how he's doing and to find out if he knew anything about the kiss or basically anything that happened last night.

The last snap.
She broke.

I saw her standing up from where she sat across from him on the couch, tears were pooling in her eyes. She wiped her falling tear away as she closed her bedroom door. Nose all pink and glossy.

Micheal immediately jumped up as his protective-brotherly instinct kicked in, walking up to her room and knocking on the door repetitively.
"Tahnée, let me in."
"Please just go away."
"Common T, just open the door." He tried and tried but she just doesn't give in.

I looked at Brian on the couch, his head hanging low as he looked down at his cup of coffee in his hands. I'm not even going to say anything to him because this is on him and he knew exactly what he did wrong.
Why? Nobody knows but him.

"Don't look at me like that." He mumbled under his breath and before I could say, act or do anything, Micheal snapped as well. "What the hell is wrong with you?" He yelled as he turned around to Brian, walking up to him with anger. Brian just ignored him making him even more aggressive. "Brian! What the hell is your problem!" He yelled again, walking even closer.

Now this is getting scary.

"Hey Micheal, chill out this is not our business." I jumped in infront of him and held him by the shoulders. Keeping him away from hitting Brian.
"Not our business? That girl in there is all I have, it became our business when he started acting like a dick to make her sad. And I'll protect her with my life and he ju-"
"I know you will but if she doesn't want to let you in this instant just give it time."

I heard Brian behind me chuckling, making me turn around to him. That just took it a bit too far, with that he stepped over the line of things still beinng slightly okay. "What the hell is your problem dude?" I raised my voice. "My problem?" He asked, standing up. "You ask me what's my problem? What the hell is your problem?" He pushed me back by the shoulders. I looked at him in disbelief, not understanding what the heck I did to him, never mind Tahnée.

"What are you talking about?"
"Oh don't act oblivious Shawn." He spat at me, walking to put his mug in the sink, grabbing his coat to leave. "That's it? You're just gonna leave?"
"Yeah. What good am I here?" He yelled from the door. "You know what I was wondering the exact same thing." Just as I turned to knock on Tahnée's bedroom door he pushed me again.
"Dude what the hell?" I pushed him back.

This is so kindergarten all over again but I seriously don't understand his problem with us. We started yelling, cursing and cussing at each other. "Hey!" A yell made us all silent. A broken-hearted Tahnée standing in the doorway of her bedroom. Bloodshot eyes and pink nose. She looked at us all with her broken eyes, especially stopping at Brian. "I don't know why you're arguing but it's pointless, okay?" She cried.

I saw Brian's head falling again before he looked back up to Tahnée, then looking at me. Now his eyes are broken too. "What's going on?" I asked him again but he just shook his head, walking out of the door.
I looked back at Tahnée. "Did he say something to you?" "Nothing." I sighed.

More tears awoke in her eyes and not long after it streamed down her cheeks. Both me and Micheal wrapped our arms around her in a simple form of comfort, obviously only lasting for a moment before she walked back in to her room.
Shutting us all out again.

"I think I'd better go." I said to him. The night that was so good just turned in to something so cruel and sad. What went wrong? What did he see or what did we do to make him this upset? What happened?
Micheal opened the door for me before I walked out, greeting him one last time before hearing the door behind me closing and I walked.

-

//micheal//

"Tahnée. Darling, please open the door."
No answer.
"Tahnée they're all gone now. It's just us."
I heard the shuffling from behind the door before the key turned and I could open it. Slowly pushing the door open I saw her sat on the bed. Sniffing and crying as she held her hands over her face.

I sat next to her, pulling her in to my side as I just held her. "Apparently I kissed him." She said and I looked at her with my eyebrows future together. "Why are you saying apparently? You did."
"You know?" She looked at me with her eyes now big in shocked. "I thought we all did?" I said more like a question. "I couldn't remeber it. Shawn told me all about it this morning and I don't think Brian knows."

I don't know why he acted the way he did, if he may know. Why so dramatic?

"I don't know what he saw or what he thinks but I know he doesn't know otherwise he wouldn't be like this."
"Let's just leave it for now Tahnée. He'll come around."
"No Michael." She shook her head. "I like him I-I love him and I can't bare the fact that he's mad at me, at us, and I— I don't even know why."

-