Part 76: about that night

//brian//

I closed my eyes, stepping in under the water. Massaging the shampoo in to my hair before rinsing it all out again.

Showers are the time for deep contemplation. Where I can battle out the deepest thoughts and mostly, this is the space where I win most of them. But not this one. This battle needs to be won over by words, not thoughts. I don't know how to just think it out... I need to talk it out. With her.
I closed the tap, grabbing the towel from the hook behind the door and stepped out of the shower. I dried off, getting dressed in my nightwear. Obviously just some casual sweatpants and a navy shirt.

I stood over the sink, looking at myself in the mirror as I brushed my fingers through my hair. I chuckled, my mind just on Tahnée, grabbing my things and making my way back up to Tahnée's room.
"No no, he's a nice guy. Really nice guy. Tahnée has a thing for his red hair."
"And how does he treat her?"
"Oh, hell, no, that is something you should see with your own eyes. It can't be described."
"One last question before you go to bed Micheal..." I stayed behind the corner of the stairs to just listen the rest of the conversation between Micheal and Tahnée's father.
What's the last question?

"Does she love him? Did she ever told you that she loves him?" There was a silent moment, but I heard him chuckling. "You know your daughter Sir, she doesn't say the words unless she really feels it and means it." Micheal spoke, "She didn't say it, but I know it. It's only a matter of time because she feels it and I know she means it."

I walked upstairs. I heard it so many times, but I'll believe it when I hear it from her. When the words leave her lips... then I'll believe it. "Hey." She said, coming out of the bathroom with her wet hair falling down her shoulders and a sweet smile on her face. For the first time I noticed some small freckles on her cheeks and nose as well. "Since when did you have those?" I laughed, cupping her cheeks as I ran my thumbs over the spotted areas. "Always. I just never let you see them."
"Well they're beautiful."
"Just like yours." She smirked.

I placed my things back in to my suitcase, seeing Tahnée falling down on her bed. A sigh left her lips. "Can we talk?" She said, sounding deeply serious. "Yeah sure. What's up?" I sat down beside her where she was spread out on the bed. She had her one hand in her hair, her eyes slightly big and she was contemplating about something in her mind. "I— I've been hiding something from you. Just because I didn't know how to tell you." I furrowed my eyebrows together as she sat up, crossing her legs but never making eye contact.
"What is it?"
"That night, of our date. The party we had with Shawn and Micheal. We—"

"Hey hey!" Micheal walked through the door. "Are you kidding me!" I raised my voice, seeing him looking kind of taken back, but for once, for once I just want us to finish a fucking moment. "What did I do?" "Can you please just step outside for a moment longer?"
He looked over to Tahnée and it's like he realized something insanely big, gasping in surprise, "Oh yes yes. Yes, okay. I'll leave." He smiled before closing the door behind him.

"You were saying?"
"Please don't be mad at me for only telling you now."
"Tahnée just tell me."
"We— Brian we ki—" but she couldn't get it out. Her words just stumbled out of her mouth and it made no sense. "I don't remember it all," I said, making her immediately look back up to me. "What do you remember Brian?"

A great smile came on my lips and it kept on growing, uncontrollably. "What I remember?" She nodded with a bit of a smile on her face, confusion in her eyes. "I remember you... and me. Us." "You need to be a bit more specific Brian." She chuckled, scooting closer as she brushed her hair in behind her ear. "Everytime we're together I get this weird feeling, like it's been that way before. Some moments we share even takes me back to that night and I remember small bits and pieces of it. I remember us dancing. You were close— really close and your hands were on me."

I noticed her cheeks turned red and her smile grew a bit bigger as she looked down at her lap. Too shy for eye contact.
"I don't want to make this weird but I can feel it. When we danced tonight and even before that, silly dates that we went on... it's like I could remember the feeling of you around me, close to me and your li—" I stopped talking, stuttering with my words.
"My lips?" She asked softly. I nodded, "Like I feel your lips on mine but the feeling fades in to oblivion every now and then. And that's the part that I don't understand. I just don't get it because I-we never, you know, so it's strange for me to feel that way. Isn't it?"

She went silent for a while, chuckling softly before looking up. Her ees locked on mine. "Actually, no." My heartbeat skyrocketed and I could feel a cold coming over me as I looked at her.
She's being serious. Dead serious.
"What?" She sighed and in her body language I could sense that she thinks I'll be mad at her for not telling this before.
"The next morning Shawn told me about it because I didn't know about it either. Turns out both Micheal and he knew about it and we, you and I, we were left in the dust." She paused for a little while, "We kissed that night Brian. It was unclear to me at first too but then I started remembering and I— I felt it again. I wanted to tell you then but that was when it kinda all, you know, took it's turn and I tried to tell you but you were—"
"I was a dick. Yeah. I was oblivious because I thought you and Shawn slept together." I sighed, falling with my head in my hands and groaned. Why was I so stubborn?

"Don't be mad." I chuckled as I looked back up to her, "Tahnée, if I'm mad it's because I'm mad at myself. You wanted to tell me that we kissed that night and I didn't listen because I was too hardheaded."
"That's not true." She laughed, taking my face in her hands and her smile made me forget about it all. "But now that you know..." she trailed off her thoughts, letting her eyes dart back down to my lips and she slightly started leaning closer.

"You talked about me to you dad?" I slightly pulled away. "Brian!" She stretched out my name as she laughed, her hands clamped around my neck and she pulled me closer. I just wanted to annoy her. "I did."
"Does he like me?"
"I think he does."
"Good. That's really good." I whispered softly as I leaned closer. Our noses touching and brushing over one another. I felt the warmth of her cheek in the palm of my hand. Combing my fingers in her hair as our lips brushed against one another's.

"Clear to enter?"
"Micheal!" We both yelled in unison, louder than ever, as we pulled away. "I'm sorry but fuck man, I want to sleep." He just walked in as Tahnée and I moved further apart from one another. Both out cheeks burning and probably having butterflies.

He did it so bluntly. Emotionless and like he didn't want it to happen. I saw him throughout the night. Looking at us. Every time we were close to making a move, he'd look pissed. Yet he was the one who told me that I should make a move and now he's the one preventing it from happening.
Ironic, isn't it?

I crawled up Tahnée's bed and got in under the covers. Smelling her perfume in the bedding and it felt comfortable, sweet and amazing.

I love her, I really do. And now that it's all cleared out... I need to tell her how I feel. Especially if we're getting this close to sharing yet another kiss.
It's a secret I don't want to hide any longer.

-

//a/n//

Dedicated to my dear friend Lana. ❤️ you nugget, i love you.