Part 19: bees knees

//tahnée//

Nobody came in today.
It was just quiet.

After about twelve, I got up to get lunch in the back room of the shop. Miss Lily makes lunch every morning and leaves it there for me to eat throughout the day. It's really sweet of her to look out for me like that.
I grabbed the sandwich and wondered through the aisle, admiring the flowers over and over again.

Suddenly I got the idea again that I had last night. I searched around for the soil, grabbed a bag, looked for the fountain pots and grabbed three.
Followed with some more poppies of different colours to plant when I get home.
It'll look beautiful in the windowsill of my apartment, next to the L-shaped couch.
I love that couch.

All my dreams and thoughts are captured in those cushions, tangled up in my daydreams and tears.

As I sat down in the aisle by the poppies, I took out my phone, texting Micheal.

me: micheal...

big toe: you're homesick?

me: i am

big toe: don't make me worry about you Tahnée. i want you to enjoy it, not long back to home.

me: i am enjoying it i just, i wish you were here

big toe: i know we did a lot of things together throughout he years but some things you need to enjoy on your own.

me: so i'll be okay?

big toe: you will. i told you this before. just, make the best of each moment okay.

me: i can always count on you xx

big toe: always x

I slipped my phone back in to my pocket, letting out a deep sigh and closing my eyes as I connected all my thoughts.

Just breathe Tahnée. You'll be fine. Make the best of every moment and stop thinking about Daniel.
In fact, just end it. Or just leave it to fade for itself. Relationships are a two sided thing, and if you drop it and he doesn't seem to notice... then it's not worth fighting for anymore.
Don't waste your power on him.
Do Micheal proud and live a little.
Find the one who makes you happy.
Love him to bits and just forget about Daniel.

A big smile on my face as I opened my eyes again. Not worrying about it anymore. I'm just going to leave it. If we fall, we fall, but at least I'll know it wasn't worth fighting for. After I gave it my all to keep it going he was the one who didn't want to make it work.
I got up and went back to the back room to wash the dishes and to get a drink of water. But when I return, my entire day took a whole new turn...

As I approached the counter I saw a white rose lying down on the counter with a dollar bill next to it. A small note on the side, again.
'I hope you have a good day.'

I smiled, recognizing the handwriting as Brian's on the note. My head shot up and I looked around to see if I can find him, but he must have already left, the shop is empty. I smiled down at the rose, giving it a smell and the aroma filled my nose, making me smile at an uncontrollable pace.

-

//brian//

I couldn't sleep at all last night.
I had a constant smile on my face and it was actually bothering me of how much I can think about Tahnée, yet I've known her for what, less than a day to be exact.
I feel like such a creep.