Part 94: moving day

//brian//

I walked in to the room and saw Tahnée sitting on the bed, typing on her phone.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked as I plonked down next to her on the bed, looking at the screen. "I was just texting my dad." She said, locking the phone with a faint smile before lying down next to me. Her eyes met mine and I smiled at her, only to receive a faint one in return.

She must be tired.

"Are you at all still hungry or do you just want to go watch some movies?" I caressed her arm, still looking at her. "Not tonight. I'm a bit tired and I'm guessing some sleep will do me good." "Oh, okay." I'm a bit bummed about her response to be honest. After such a nice night I was at least hoping that she'll fell asleep in my arms on the couch and I'd get to carry her to bed or even keep her there with me... but I guess not.

"Then I'll stay with you." I was getting ready to dig the covers up and join her but her words stopped me. "It's okay Brian, you can watch some TV if you want to." "And what if I want to stay here with you?" She laughed, "Go watch what you want to watch. I'll see you in the morning." She said with a smile, not making me feel happy, as she kissed my lips and turned out the light.
"Are you okay Tahnée? Did I hurt you in any way or—" "I'm okay Brian, I'm seriously just tired." She said reassuringly, placing her hand over mine. "Okay." I whispered unsure, pecking her forehead and making my way out of the room.

Shawn: what's all this commotion about another girl?

Me: what?

Shawn: *sends screenshot of tahnée and his conversation*

Me: fuck, she must've heard what i said when i talked to matt.

Shawn: what did you say?

Me: he asked me about stephanie, hearing that she's back in town and i didn't want her to hear that we're actually still talking about her and what happend. when he asked me about her i told him that she means nothing to me and that she's a nobody. i guess she thought i was talking about her

Shawn: fuck mate. what now?

Me: that's why she's acting all weird. we had the best night and now she's in bed.

Shawn: well what are you doing?

Me: i'm watching tv?

Shawn: go off man!

Me: oh yes, yes right okay. thanks dude

Shawn: yeah yeah

I threw my phone back on the couch and just as I made my way to get up she stood in the doorway of her bedroom. "Brian, what am I to you?" She asked. The pain audible in her voice as she looked at me with saddened eyes. "God if you only knew." I said as I walked closer to her. "So I'm not a nobody?" I sighed. "You overheard the call, didn't you?" She nodded, scratching her elbow as she looked down at the floor.

"Listen Brian if you want this, this thing between us, to work, you have to be honest with me okay? I can't go through another relationship filled with lies and split personalities."

I took the last step and stood infront of her. A small smirk playing in the corner of my lips as I grabbed her in my arms and threw her over my shoulder. "No Brian I'm being serious right now." She chuckled as I threw her down on the couch, crawling my way on top of her as I hovered over her body with mine. "Me too. No secrets Tahnée, I promise you." I said looking down in to her eyes. She sat up and I took a seat infront of her.
"The call was with Matt. He asked me about Stephanie—" she cut me off, "That lying whore, yellowed teeth slut bitch thing that got you hurt?" She said all defensively and I could feel the tension building up in her hands as she tried to turn them to fists.
"Yes, that sun of a bitch." I laughed, seeing the smile returning the her lips as the tension in her hands faded away.

"But yes, what about her?"
"Matt said he saw her back in town and he just asked me if there's like anything between us still or what not and I just told him that it's nothing and she's a nobody to me. You're not a nobody Tahnée, you're one heck of a somebody." I said as she let out a deep breath of relief. "I love you Tahnée, and if I really thought you were a nobody, I wouldn't have enjoyed tonight as much as I did." I said softly as I caressed her hand with the pad of my thumb.

She scooted over to me and sat down on my lap, wrapping her arms around my torso as she pulled me in to her embrace. "I have to say, tonight was— I don't even have the words. Amazing." She mumbled in to my shoulder. I felt her lips connecting with my neck and she trailed a few kisses up to behind my ear. "It was." I smiled, allowing my hands to roams down her body from her back, to her butt to her thighs. "I lo—" I heard a small whisper, barley audible. "You almost said that you love me." I smiled as I pulled a bit out of her embrace to look at her.

Her cheeks were burning red as she looked down, breaking eye contact. "Maybe." She whispered. I kissed her cheek, unable to stop myself from smiling. I'm finally breaking through to her even though it takes so much time. It's all worth it if I can get her to say those three words to me, and to know that I'll be the first one she speaks the words to.
"I love you." I said to her, giving her a deep kiss. "How do you say it so easily, knowing that you too were hurt by love once?"
"Because with you I know it's real. It took a while to really get the courage but I said it and now I actually can't stop saying it to you."

She reached for the remote and turned the TV on as she made herself comfortable in my embrace. We rested on the couch as we watched some movies and just like I wanted it... she fell asleep on my chest. Her body inbetween my legs and her head resting on my chest as she held on to my body. I pulled the blanket up to her shoulders and wrapped my arms around her.
"You make me so happy." I kissed her head before turning off the television and slowly drifted off to sleep.

-

//tahnée//

(two weeks later)

Brian is moving all of his belongings out of storage and in to his new place. Me being without a job for the first time ever, I get to help him out.

"Where do you want this?" He asked, carrying a small wooden table arouns the living room. "Brian it's your place." "But you have a good interior skill." I looked arouns the room, seeing the couch in the one corner, his TV against the wall and like he said, the small table in the right corner of the room by the windows where he'll enjoy his morning coffee. "This table isn't getting any heavier, take your time." He said sarcastically and I laughed, directing him to just place it down in the center of the rug.

-

After we unpacked most of his things we took a seat on the couch to relax. "Want a beer?" He asked, looking over to me as he quickly made his way to the fridge. "It's all I have." He added with a laugh. "I'll share with you." I said, hearing how he clicked the beer can open and plonked back down next to me. He took a big sip before handing the can over to me, allowing me to take a sip as well.
"That's not as bad."
"Right?" He chuckled, taking my hand in his.

"Thank you for helping out today. I really appreciate it." "Always." I pecked his cheek.
There was a moment of silence between us u til he look over to me with a dark look in his eyes, lust and ambience. I knew what he was thinking of. "Yes." I said without him even saying anyting, nor asking anything.
He grab my hand in his and like two children we ran to his room, laughing all the way.