Part 74: return of drama

//brian//

When we arrived at the lake-sorta-hall thing, the entire family got out and we walked in. This was said as a dance, but it looks a lot like a full on Christmas Eve party. Food placed out on all the tables and this humongous dance floor. I can't wait to dance wih Tahnée there, underneath the spotlight and the blinking fairy lights.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" She smiled up to me. "It is, also looks like a lot of fun." I chuckled, seeing all the people streaming in through the doors. But I looked back down at Tahnée when she held my hand tighter than before. "What's wrong?" "Nothing, I'm okay." Her voice had a small trembling sound of fear.
I know she's not okay.
"Tahnée, tell me what's up?" She pulled me to the corner, like she's avoiding something, or someone.

"I just saw Daniel." She started looking around, my hand still clenched in hers. "He never came to these things. What's he doing here now?" The panic was in her eyes and the fear started radiating out of her. She's afraid that he'll see her, that he'll do something to her. But I won't let him. He doesn't get near her, he doesn't touch her or even think that he can tey anything.
I don't want things to get dirty, but if I have to... then so be it.

"Don't worry about him, he can't get to you and I won't let him." The smile curved back on to her beautiful lips and I smiled, pulling her in to a hug, kissing the top of her head.

-

We all gathered around a table just before dinner was served. I head the background music starting to play and everyone began excusing themselves from the table, making their way over to the dance floor.

I looked over to Tahnée, seeing her smiling over to her parents dancing on the dance floor.
Breathe in. Let it out.
I stood up, holding my hand out to her. "May I have this dance?" In the light of the spinning disco ball I saw her smile, her cheeks blushing and a small chuckle left her lips. "Wouldn't have it any other way." She slid her hand in to mine and stood up.

As we walked over to the dance floor she intertwined our fingers, walking close to me. I looked around to see if I can spot Daniel, but I didn't. I need to enjoy this time with her. And when he comes, if he shows up to pester, I'll be there with her, protecting her at all costs.

"This is a beautiful song." She said as it switched from Ed Sheeran's Perfect to Memories from the one and only Shawn Mendes. "It is." I chuckled, wrapping my arms even tighter around her waist as she wrapped her tighter around my neck.
Dancing as close as possible, I felt her warm breathing on my skin. A small feeling of her fingertips playing with the hair at the door nape of my neck.

I smiled, chuckling softly. She pulled away, but only slightly. "What? Why are you laughing?" She smiled. "Because you're magnificent."
Her smile faded as she looked in to my eyes. Deeply in to my eyes. I saw hers looking down at my lips before looking back up to my eyes, and mine probably did exactly the same. I felt her hand clamping around my neck and her thumb slowly started caressing my cheek.

She leaned closer, slowly.
As did I.

"Tahnée?"
Are you fucking kidding me? Every time! Seriously?

"What can it possibly be now?" I mumbled under my breath but as I turned around I saw the horror himself.
Daniel.
"Daniel." Her voice sounded scared and insecure. Her hand grabbed mine and I could feel the tension building up inside of her. She went cold. Ice cold.
"I didn't know you were back home?" His dark hair looks messy on his head and his eyes... I can see the hatred in them. They're dark and awful. How could she possibly had fallen for his eyes. I don't think she did. I think she feel in love with the idea of being in love, and that's her first mistake of how she got in to this mess.

"I didn't have to tell you."
"It would've been nice to know."
"Why would it? We're not together anymore Daniel, this means nothing." His head dropped before he looked back up. Looking at me.
"And who shall you be?"
"I'm Bri—"
"None of your business." Tahnée interrupted, standing in front of me as she still held on to my hand. "Is he— no." Daniel laughed. "You seriously downgraded, didn't you." "Trust me Daniel, it's an upgrade you'll never reach the level of."
Daniel went silent.

Why do I feel used? Am I just a bet to make him jealous of what she has now?
"Can we talk, please?" I saw him touching her arm, but she quickly pulled away. "Alone?" She shook her head. "Whatever you have to say to me, you can say to the both of us." And then she pulled me with her outside, with Daniel following behind us.
"What are you doing?"
"I just need to hear him out."
"Tahnée—"
"Please Brian, I need you here with me."
I sighed, looking back at him over my shoulder before looking at her. The need in her eyes and the way she holds on to me. I need to be here, I said I would.

I just don't understand why she wants to hear him out, after everything he did to her... is she really willing to give him another shot, accept his apology or even just hear him out about why he did what he did? Will she actually give it a shot to understand and forgive?

Fuck this.

"I'm here Tahnée. Always." She looked back infront of her till we got to the side of the lake and she turned around. "Okay." She breathed out.
"Talk." Daniel looked at her with sad eyes before he opened his mouth and started talking his load of bullshit.