Part 112: first sight

112]

//shawn//

Brian was out again, leaving me with Tahnée. He said he needed some air but after what happened that one night out on his balcony, I'm worried about him and his health.

I know he's okay, but lately he's been off line. I guess all his emotions are just taking it's toll on him. At one moment I'll catch him crying, the other moment he's laughing and smiling and then he'll just be emotionless.
It drives me crazy. But it'll hopefully all be over soon.

Me: where are you?

Brian: was at the shop to just check if everything is still okay but i'm at the hospital now

Me: where at the hospital?

Brian: roof

Me: brian

Brian: don't worry mate, i'm totally fine. i'm just taking in the view

Me: don't take it all—

But in the middle of typing back my message I heard loud beeping coming from Tahnée's monitors. "Help! I need help!" I yelled as I ran out the room, just to return again. "What's going on with her?" I asked with a raising heartbeat. The nurses all stood around her and Doctor McCartney came running in.
"What's happening?" I asked again, looking at Tahnée who seems to be gasping for air at a rapid speed. "She's waking up." "What!" I said shocked, thinking of Brian on the roof.

"Bri—Brian. Brian!" I heard soft yelling, looking at Tahnée to see her eyes wide open in fear. The nurses tried to hold her down when all she wanted to do was get up. "Aah!" She yelled out in pain, covering her wound with her hand. "Tahnée, I'm doctor McCartney, you're doctor. Listen to me, I need you to stay still so that we can check on you." She tried to keep her down.

I have no words.
No words at all. I try to speak but I can't get any words out.

"Brian! Wh-where's Brian?" She asked paranoid, her eyes meeting mine for what feels like forever. "Shawn!" She said with a small smile. "Hey." I laughed with tears in my eyes, rushing up to her.

I pulled her in to a tight hug as she sat up in her bed. She held me like she'll never want to let go. "I'm so happy to see you." I heard the crack in her voice as she started softly crying. "Me too. Gosh you gave us all a scare Tahnée." I chuckled, pulling out of her hug. She cupped my cheeks as she smiled, looking at me with tears in her eyes. I placed my hands over hers on her face, smiling back at her.
But then her smile faded. "Daniel— Brian?" Her lip started to quiverer. "Where's Brian, Shawn? Is he okay?" She stared at me with big eyes.

"Just stay calm, I'll be right back." I pecked her forehead and ran out of the room, taking the stairs up to the roof where I saw Brian standing, looking out over the landscape. "Brian!" I said, seeing how he turned around.
The moment his eyes met mine, probably seeing my smile, I saw it in his eyes... his smile faded and it all turned very serious.

-

//brian//

I went over to the shop to see if everything is still okay and doing well. After grabbing a bouquet of flowers for her, I made my way back to the hospital.
But instead of immediately heading back to her, I made my way up to the roof. The view she loves so desperately... it's grown on me.

I never used to look out on Toronto as much as I do the passing few days. My emotions are taking a toll but overall I'm feeling good.
With the thought of Tahnée finally being okay and healthy... I have the constant knowledge that I'll be able to hold her at any given moment. It's just like she's gone to work, heading home any second... seconds just feel like hours, but then again, they always feel like hours when I'm waiting on the time with excitement to see her.

"Soon my darling." I smiled at the sunset, "Soon we'll watch this view together again." Just then the moment was brutally interrupted with the hard sound of a door banging open. "Brian!" I heard Shawn's voice calling me. I turned around to see him standing out of breath in the doorway to the stairs, cheeks red and a big smile on his face.

Mine faded. I just stared at him. "No." I said with disbelief and shock. He just nodded. I immediately started running towards him, pulling him in to a tight hug. I looked at him, "What are you doing? Go!" He laughed, "Oh yes yeah." I smiled out of pure jou, plotted a kiss on his cheek and stuffed the flowers in his hands before running down the stairs with all the speed I can possibly get together, making my way to her room.

Once I reached her floor I saw her sitting up in her bed, all monitors and everything disconnected from her. She's just sitting there. Some kind of worried look on her face and small tears in her eyes.

I let out a deep breath of relief, finally seeing her eyes again and I felt the tears in my eyes. I slowly walked closer to her room, seeing the nurses talking to her, maybe explaining what happened. "Brian?" Her eyes squinted as she tried to see me, then she smiled and tears started rolling down her cheeks. "Brian!" She cried out, jumping up from her bed. I ran up to her as she waddled closer to the door of her room. "Oh my god." She cried in to my shoulder as I pulled her in to my embrace.

This was the final tears. The tears I saved to cry for when she wakes up. She was also just as a sobby mess as I was. I fell to my knees with her in my arms and there we sat, on the floor of her hospital room, crying into each other's shoulders as we held one another. "You're awake." I sniffed, taking her face in my hands. I felt hers on my middle, holding on to me. "You're okay." She smiled in between laughter and crying. She rested her forehead against mine and the moment was just unexplainable.

I don't know how to express the happiness I feel inside of me. Having to hold her in my arms again, hearing her voice and seeing her smile. Feeling her arms around me it's just... wow.
"I'm so happy you're okay." She cried, caressing my cheek. "I'm okay? Why did you do that, Tahnée. Why—Why did you take the shot?" I cried, cupping her cheeks. "Rather me than you my love." She licked over her lips as I wiped her tears away. "Rather me than you." She whispered again before wrapping her arms around me.

I picked her up, bridal style, walking back over to her bed before laying her down again.
Seeing her smiling again, god, the things it does to me, the feeling it awakens in me. I'm over the moon right now.

-

//tahnee//

When I saw him standing outside my room it was as if all the missing pieces to this never ending story finally fell in to place.
When I held him in my arms I felt at home again and that this terror is finally over.

Seeing him in tears, it made me cry. I missed him. I don't even know for how long I've been gone but I missed him so muh. His eyes, his smile, his hands, touch, voice, hair, freckles and embrace.

He stood beside my bed, never letting go of my hand, also never taking his eyes off me. "Well Tahnée," The Doctor stepped back in. "You really had us on a rollercoaster but luckily the hard ride is over now. You're fully healed but you do need to take care of the scar if you want it to stay clean. Because you didn't heal in the time that you should've we had to put new stitches in, therefore we won't be able to take these ones out up until Friday." "That's okay." I said before looking back up to Brian.

"And I also need to tell you that you w-"
"No! That's okay, I'll—" Brian interrupted and then paused himself. "Can I perhaps have a moment alone?" He asked and the doctor nodded, leaving the room. Shawn hurried back over to me, giving me another tight hug and pecked my cheek before also leaving.
"What's up?" He sat down beside me on the bed, both his hands holding on to mine. He stared in to my eyes and I did back in to his, still feeling a bit star struck to see him.

But his eyes were somewhat sad... "Tahnée..." he started.