Part 20: day off

//brian//

The thoughts are literally killing me.
I've been practically pacing up and down my room for about half an hour straight, just trying to figure out or get my mind around all the thoughts of what I want to do, need to do and have to do.

"Dude. Seriously?" I talked to myself, needing a big brain fart to give me the best idea ever.
Somehow I always have the best ideas in the most unnecessary times, but when I really need one... dust. I have nothing.
Zero thoughts or ideas to help myself out in this situation, and talking about it with someone will only cause more disruption within me that what I alread have created myself.
Nothing.

I pushed it all aside, or well, tried to push it all aside as I got in bed. Tossing and turning for a long while before I eventually fell asleep.
I need to just pull myself together, then things will be okay. If I can just do something without immediately thinking of the consequences then life, for me, would be a lot easier.
I think...

-

It's Wednesday now.
Every passing day since last Monday, I went over to the flower shop and bought Tahnée a flower. Each day a different one.
Obviously leaving a note as well like I always do.

I don't yet know why I really do it. I just love to see her smile when she finds it and yeah... other than that I don't think I really have a deeper reason as to buy her a bunch of flowers.

Tomorrow is the party and Shawn's been on my case about it ever since we talked about Tahnée and him wanting me to invite her along. But I haven't even had a proper conversation with her since the day of the storm and we helped her pack out her things.

God, I'm such a weirdo. I can't even set up a good conversation with a girl.

"Hey, where are you off to?"
"I'll be right back."
"Common Brian, just tell us where you're going."
"Why so interested?"
"Cause I want you to admit that you're going to Tahnée."

I just rolled my eyes at Matt and walked off.
Crossing the street to the to the shop in the other corner, and I peeked inside to see if she's around. Within that moment I saw the back door closing as she probably walked in to the room. I slowly opened the door and walked towards the lilies.
The smell is amazing as I walked down the aisle and the aroma fills my nose.
As sweet as Tahnée.

I grabbed a few and walked back to the counter where I searched around for a pen, my heart pounding right out of my chest for the time is really pressured right now and she could walk out that door at any second.
Finally after a big search and finding one I quickly wrote a small message and left the lilies, the note and a few dollar bills down on the counter before making my way out again.

I sighed a deep breath out, placing my hand over my heart and smiling a small, satisfied smile when I finally was outside and she didn't caught me in the time I struggled to find a pen.

"Brian, wait!" I heard a yell just as I was about to cross the road. I turned around and saw the angel herself running out of the store towards me. "Hey." She smiled, followed with a sweet chuckle. "Hi." I blushed a bit, walking closer to her as I stuttered. "You leave me in a deep wonder Brian, why you always leave after buying a flower."
"It's just a kind gesture. And it's my thing. Buy and leave."
"And I appreciate it, more than you know. Thank you." She smiled up at me. Her cheeks blossoming a soft crimson red.

"I have to go." I blurted out after a few seconds of pure silence in the air between us, turning around to walk away but she grabbed ahold of my arm. "No please. Come with me." She asked, her eyes locking on mine and a smile playing in the corners of her mouth. "Where to?"
"The store of course. I will be on a break in about twenty minutes and could really use some good company." She chuckled, my heart leaping in my chest and almost immediately a smile broke out on my face. Making my cheeks aching as it does.

"Okay." I said softly, walking back with her to the store. If it so happens to be that I make a total fool of myself around her and not get to make a move, I'll definitely be more than happy to have her as a friend. Even though that'll probably be all she sees me as.

"Why do you do it?" She asked, taking the lillies off the counter and smelled them, a sweet smile on her face before she looks up at me. "I don't really know." I shrugged my shoulders, scratching my neck and let out a nervous chuckle as I felt my cheeks burning up and the room suddenly became really hot.

We talked for a while, trying to break the awkwardness and tension that was built up in the empty spaces between us. As the silence then also fillend the air at some times.
We were in the middle of a good laugh when the door opened again and I guess the owner of the shop, came walking in. A smile on her face as she saw me and Tahnée.

"Hello Miss Lily." She greeted and I followed in her steps as I too greeted the lady. "I'm happy to see that you have some company with you." She smiled sweetly over to Tahnée before making eye contact with me. And once again, my cheeks burning with fire as I blushed. "We're trying to get to know each other but we're both a bit too shy." She chuckled nervously.

Wait? She's shy too? I would've never said that. She seems so comfortable with the conversation and to start talking. But maybe it's nerves taking control of her that makes her babble on.

I get that sometimes. But when it comes to her I just seem to be even more nervous to say a single word.

*bzz bzz*
I pulled my phone out of my pocket and quickly checked the message. It was from Matt.

Matt: where are you dude? I want to get back home.

Me: you can go home Matt, nothing is stopping you.

Matt: i'm your lift Brian. Where are you?

Me: i'm with Tahnée.

Matt: oooh, get some man!
*seen*

I just read the last message he sent me and slipped my phone back in to my pocket. "You may go if you want Tahnée. Take the afternoon off. I'll see you here again on Friday. The shops closed for tomorrow." I overheard the owner and Tahnée talking. Within the moment she said that she could take the rest of the day off I saw her immediately looking over to me standing by the counter, a small smile on her lips.

'Taking the rest of the day off' - with me? Perhaps.

"Enjoy the rest of your day Miss Lily. I'll see you on Friday then." She greeted her, smiling excitedly over to me as she grabbed her bag, stuffed her apron in to it and she walked up to me. "I uhm... I don't know if you have any plans but, if you don't, would you like to go-" "I'd love to." She said, not even caring about me finishing my sentence.
She want to go out - with me.

"Well, lets go."
I smiled at her as I let her walk out first, holding the door open for her. I don't even know where I want to take her, I just knew I need to ask her otherwise I might just miss my big chance. I must say I'm surprised hat I even got the words out.