Chapter 1

Dean Ambrose was the most excited he'd ever been in his entire life. He was currently standing in a line at WrestleMania, the biggest wrestling pay-per-view of the year. Well, not in line for the actual event. Not yet, anyways. But something even better.

He was in line to meet Seth Rollins, the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. On Sunday night he would be wrestling Randy Orton in the main event. But today, he was sitting in WrestleMania Axxess, sitting at a table and patiently signing all of his fan's items, answering all their questions, and posing for all their pictures.

Dean would readily admit that he was a tiny bit obsessed. He'd been waiting in the line for nearly five hours, clutching his hat so tightly he thought he might've permanently ruined it. He was almost to the front; there were only two people left in front of him.

As the first person finally walked off, Dean pulled out his phone and opened his camera, checking his hair. With a sigh he ruffled it, then patted it down, frowning at both results. At seventeen, he was just a gangly teen with bad hair and worse acne.

He was still looking into his phone a few minutes later when he was shoved from behind, stumbling forward. "Hey, idiot, it's your turn. Pay attention and get off your stupid phone!"

Dean bit his lip, eyes filling with tears, as several similar comments were made farther back in the line.

"Don't pay any attention to them." A voice murmured. Tuning away from the crowd, he saw Seth Rollins smiling gently at him.

Dean swallowed hard and straightened up, looking down in embarrassment.

"What's your name, kid?"

"D-Dean Ambrose." He said quietly.

Seth nodded. "Nice hat." He said, gesturing. Dean nodded, a shy smile appearing on his face.

"I was hoping you would sign it?" He asked awkwardly. When Seth nodded, Dean held it out to him, unable to hide the wide smile that broke out when the man took it.

"So, who's your favorite wrestler?" Seth asked, handing his hat back to him.

Dean looked at him in disbelief. "You are." He said. "This is the only line I stood in..." he ducked his head.

"Whoa...really?" Seth asked.

"Yeah-" Dean grinned. "I'm gonna be WWE Champion, just like you. In fact, give me two years and I'll take it from you."

Seth laughed. "Oh? I might just take you up on that, if you're serious."

"Deadly. It's all I've ever wanted."

Seth met his eyes, then leaned forward a bit. "Look, if you promise you won't freak out on me..."

Dean bit his lip shyly. "Can't promise that-"

"Alright, alright. Here, this," He said, writing something on a picture, "This is my number. You finish school, and... if you wanna become a wrestler...text me if you need anything. And when you think you're ready...call me. I'll make sure you have an in."

He handed the picture to Dean, who simply stared in shock. "For real?"

"For real." Seth murmured, smiling. "It was nice to meet you, Dean. I hope you enjoy WrestleMania."

Dean smiled back, putting his hat on and walking quickly away.

As soon as he was out of line, he grabbed his phone and typed in the number. He bit his lip, then began to type.

Seth Rollins

New Message: Friday, March 27, 2015

3:14 PM

DA: No...way.

SR: Dean, I'm guessing?

DA: Wait, you actually responded?! That is so amazing!

DA: I'm so fanboying right now!!

SR: Dean...you're freaking out on me.

DA: Whaaaaaat? Am not.

DA: Please don't quit responding.

SR: I'm at a meet and greet right now, remember?

DA: Oh...right. Well, I promise I won't bother you then.

DA: Bye.

SR: Bye, Dean. 

SR: :)

Dean put his phone back in his pocket with a smile. He had Seth Rollins' number. Never, in his wildest dreams, did he imagine something like this could happen. Now he just had to make sure he didn't freak Seth out too much. All it would take was one too many messages and Seth could block him. With a sigh, he walked out of the building and hailed a cab.