Chapter 97

A/N: I know it seems impossible, but lo and behold, Chapter 97 is here! I am back for updates, enjoy!

Dean woke early and was checked out of the hotel in less than an hour. He drove the rest of the way home, pulling into the parking lot of the apartment before noon without event.

He heard a knock on his window and jumped, looking up. Roman was waving at him from outside the car.

Dean opened the door and got out, looking at his friend with eyebrows raised. "Was it your plan to give me a heart attack at eleven thirty this morning?" he asked, crossing his arms.

Roman looked at him sheepishly. "No...?"

Dean grinned and hugged him. Roman wrapped his arms around Dean, smiling down at him. "How was it?" he asked.

Dean pulled back, looking up at him. "It was... good." He said. "The funeral was nice."

Roman nodded. "That's good. But that wasn't what I was talking about." 

Dean smiled slightly. "I know. It went well. Seth..." He took a deep breath. "He told me everything. It wasn't his fault, Ro."

Roman ran his fingers through his hair." "Dean..." he began.

"It wasn't." Dean repeated firmly. "Just trust me on this, okay? You didn't hear him. He was telling the truth."

His friend hesitated, then slowly nodded. "Okay. You know I trust you."

Dean smiled. "Thanks. Now help me get my bags."