Chapter 73

Dean and Roman remained close as ever in the next few weeks, but Dean still mourned the loss of his relationship with Seth. Despite Roman's constant insistence that Seth wasn't worth giving a single thought, Dean couldn't get him out of his head. It tore him up inside, and continued through Christmas morning.

He woke up early, sighing as he got out of bed because, although it was Christmas, he wasn't expecting much. His father had never been a very big fan of 'Christmas Cheer' resulting in presents being few and far between.

He walked out of his bedroom and stopped dead in his tracks. Sitting in the living room was a six foot tall Christmas tree, decorated with sparkling ornaments and red and green lights. Underneath it sat several presents.

"Merry Christmas, Dean." He turned around to see Roman standing in his own doorway, smiling at him.

"You did this?" Dean asked in disbelief. "When?"

"After you went to bed last night. You crashed early."

"I had a long day." Dean said defensively.

"Watching Christmas movies?" Roman's eyebrows were raised.

"Shut up." Dean muttered.

Roman chuckled and walked over to him, wrapping his arm around his shoulders. "You like it, then?" He asked.

"Of course I like it, Ro, it... it's perfect."

Roman smiled again and gestured to the tree. With a grin, Dean rushed over to it, kneeling down beside the presents. His eyes were shining. Suddenly, he froze. He looked up at Roman. "I didn't... get you anything." He whispered.

"It's okay, Dean." He walked over and sat down next to Dean. "Go on." He nodded to the presents.

Dean bit his lip, then reached for one, a smile breaking out on his face. He tore open the paper and laughed. "A Pizza Hut gift card, really?"

Roman shrugged sheepishly. "We haven't had it in a while, and I know you like it. So... now you can get it."

Dean shook his head, putting the gift card aside. "Thanks, Ro."

"That's nothing. Keep going."