Chapter 9

When he finally woke up, it was past eleven. He grabbed his phone and groaned, seeing several messages from Roman.

Roman Reigns

Today

9:34 AM

RR: Hey, you up yet?

RR: Dean?

RR: C'mon, we've gotta get ready.

RR: It's WrestleMania tonight, remember?

RR: DEAN!

Dean got up out of bed and walked slowly to the shower. He'd respond to Roman when he got out. As his phone vibrated, he glanced at it for only a moment, sure it was Roman checking in on him again. Instead, he saw a message from Seth. He felt his heart skip a beat and quickly opened it.

Seth Rollins

Today

11:23 AM

SR: Hey, are you excited for WrestleMania?

SR: If you have a good seat, I'll make sure to say hey. ;)

Dean felt his cheeks burn with heat as he replied, typing so fast he thought he was going to break the phone screen.

DA: You've seriously gotta stop with the winky face. It's bothering me.

SR: Sorry. I wasn't trying to annoy you. :(

DA: No, I didn't mean annoying!

SR: Oh, good. So anyways, where's your seat?

DA: Way far in the back. And honestly, I'm lucky to have even gotten that.

SR: What do you mean...?

DA: Roman paid for most of it. I...don't have a lot of money, tbh.

SR: Dean, I didn't know.

DA: It's not like that! I'm not, like, broke or anything.

DA: But...I'm not planning to go to college.

SR: What?

DA: Well, that way I can start training as soon as I finish high school. :)

SR: Yeah, but Dean...college is important.

DA: Not to me.

DA: Listen, I gtg. Romans waiting for me.

SR: Bye...

Dean stared at the last text. He really wanted to keep talking to Seth. A lot. But he knew Roman would kill him if he didn't get going soon. Frowning, he put his phone away and got into the shower.