Chapter 47

A/N: 5K?! You guys are awesome!!! Thank you so so much and enjoy! :)

He woke up to someone slipping into bed beside him with a tired groan. Dean blinked sleep out of his eyes and checked his phone.

"Ro..." he mumbled. "It's four a.m."

The body behind him shifted. "I know..." His friend's voice was deep and tired.

Dean rolled over to face him, looking into his light grey eyes. They were full of guilt. "Where were you?" He asked softly.

"I went out with Randy..." Roman murmured. "We ate and... and went back to his hotel."

Dean bit his lip. He knew the answer to his next question before he even asked it. "Did you sleep with him again?"

Roman looked away. "Yeah." His voice was barely audible.

Dean sighed. "Damn it, Ro..."

"I know, I know. It just all happened so fast..." He glanced back up at Dean. "Are you mad?"

"No." Dean said quietly. "No, of course not. As long as you're okay."

Roman nodded, smiling a little. "Yeah, I am."

Dean nodded as well. "Good. I'm surprised you didn't spend the night, to be honest."

"Randy has to hit the road early in the morning, and I had to be here before my mom woke up." He ran his fingers through his hair, sighing. "I got your voicemail. Seth drove you home, then?"

"Yeah." Dean felt a blush rising rapidly to his cheeks. "Yeah, um, he did."

"You okay?" Roman asked, frowning at the change in his tone.

Dean looked down. "I... think so." He said unsurely.

"Dean..." Roman, the person that knew him better than anyone else in the world, looked at him knowingly. "Did he do something to you?"

"No! No, nothing like that, we... kissed." As soon as he said it he could feel his cheeks burning.

"You kissed?" Roman looked at him in disbelief.

Dean nodded. "Yeah, we were talking and he just kept moving closer, and... we kissed."

Roman's face broke into a smile. "Did you like it?"

Dean's face, hidden in the dark, turned even darker red. "I-I... yeah."

"Yeah?" His smile widened. "That's awesome, Dean."

Dean swallowed the lump in his throat, surprised to feel tears prick his eyes. "I don't... understand-" he began.

Roman's smile vanished. "What?"

Dean shook his head. "I'm straight." He whispered.

Immediately, a look of understanding came over his friend's face. "You know, Dean, you always said that. I never believed it."

Dean looked at him. "Y-You didn't?"

"Not for a second. You did, though. I could see it on your face; you constantly denied it. I always told you, but you just got defensive." Roman cupped Dean's cheek. "Why did you lie to yourself?"

"I didn't realize, I thought..." Dean hesitated. "I-I'll always accept you for who you are, Ro, and it's never bothered me that you're gay. But it was really hard for me, even... even to imagine myself like that."

Roman sighed. "I know, Dean. It took me a long time to come to terms with it, you know? If you ever need anything... you know I'm here."

Dean nodded. "I know. I'm fine. I just never thought it was possible, y'know? But God, Ro, I like him."

Roman smiled slightly. "Seth? Who wouldn't?"

Dean laughed quietly, shoving his arm. The tense mood was broken. "What would I do without you, Reigns?" He rolled back to his other side as he said this, facing away from Roman once more.

Roman rescued down and squeezed his hand gently. "Crash and burn, probably." He murmured.

Dean felt him wrap his arm close around him. "Night, Ro." He whispered.

"Night, Dean."