Chapter 89

It only took Dean about twenty minutes to get to the park. When he rolled up, he sent a quick text to Roman.

Roman Reigns

Sunday, April 10, 2016

11:40 AM

DA: I'm here. I'll ttyl, okay?

RR: Okay.

He got out of the car, running his fingers through his hair. Through the trees and rolling hills of the park, he could see a line figure walking up the path.

He watched the man approach him, black suit, messy two toned hair up in a bun, and glasses on his nose. He couldn't help but remember the last time he'd seen Seth in glasses, and a pang of sadness coursed through him.

Seth came up to him, looking tired and very, very apprehensive. "Hey, Dean." He said quietly.

Dean swallowed, taking him in. Seth Rollins, the world champ, the first NXT champion, the man he thought he had something with. "Hi, Seth." He replied.

"Thank you, for coming..." the superstar said.

"I said I would." Dean had a sudden thought flash through his mind, one that lit a small fire in him.

"I really appreciate the support."

He looked so sad, but Dean couldn't hold back anymore. "I'm surprised you didn't ask Finn to be your support." He answered tersely.

Seth looked up to meet his gaze. His eyes were shattered. "Dean, I never explained-"

"Because I didn't let you. I know. That why you asked me to come? So you could make me listen?"

Seth looked like he was about to cry. "Of course not, Dean, I just... why did you come, if you thought that?"

Dean hesitated. That was a good question. "Because," He said, honestly, "It's been four months, Seth, and... maybe I thought it was about time I heard your excuse."

"I don't make excuses, Dean. You want the truth, I'll give it to you."

Dean crossed his arms, leaning back against his car.

Seth took a shaky breath, running his fingers through his hair nervously.

"Okay. The night that you got the notifications about me and Finn... those were real. We did kiss, we had dated before, as I'm sure you knew. But he did it. This isn't an excuse, I promise, this is what happened. Finn and I were talking, walking into the building together, and he kissed me. I was surprised, but in the moment I did kiss back, and I did enjoy it. You have to understand that, right? Haven't you ever done something because you got caught up in the moment? Something you regretted later?"

Dean was reminded of Roman and him, and immediately felt his face heat up. Seth continued.

"I felt so guilty, after I realized what I'd done. And I was gonna tell you, I wanted to be honest with you, but word travels fast. Social media, faster. Before I could call or text, it was all over the internet. And just like that, you knew. I was so tempted to keep trying to call you, or even send you a text explaining, but you'd told me not to. The last thing I wanted to do was make my situation with you worse. I set Finn straight almost immediately, of course. I didn't want anything to do with him, especially not after I'd ruined what I had with you. I didn't know what to do. I told my mother the whole thing, I was a wreck. I couldn't do anything, not even contact you. I honestly didn't think I was ever going to talk to you again, let alone see you. But when my grandmother passed, I just... I didn't have anyone else to turn to. I didn't even expect you to accept, Dean. But I'm glad you're here. And that's the truth."

Dean took a deep breath, trying to take everything in that he'd heard. If what Seth said was true, Dean technically had a right to be upset. Seth did kiss back.

But he'd also admitted being caught up in the moment, which was something Dean understood way better than Seth could imagine. Besides, Dean was tired of being mad. He was tired of being upset. And he missed Seth.

The wrestler was looking at him imploringly. "I believe you, Seth..." Dean said softly.

Seth closed his eyes in relief. "Thank you-" His voice was barely audible.

"And... I'm ready to forgive you, I think. It's been long enough." Dean continued. "But I'm not ready to go back to what we were before. Whatever it was."

Seth nodded. "That's fine. We can take it slow, or... or not take it at all. If you just want to stay friends-" he took a breath.

Dean bit his lip. "Let's just take it slow." He murmured.

"Okay." Seth looked like a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders. "Are you, um... are you ready?" He gestured back to the cemetery.

Dean, caught up in their talk, had almost forgotten what had brought him here in the first place. "Yeah." He said softly. He stood up from his position against the car and followed Seth down the path.

A/N: Sorry again for the wait, guys. Hope you enjoyed! ❤️