Chapter 78

Dean winced, staring up at the ceiling. Roman grinned and held out his hand; Dean pulled himself to his feet.

"Alright!" Thatcher called. "Dean, how'd it go?"

Dean rubbed his head furiously. "Well, I just got whiplash," he grumbled, "So I must've done something wrong."

"Good. You forgot to tuck your chin in." Dean nodded, his chest rising and falling quickly. "That's all for today, guys. Great job, both of you."

Dean slid out of the ring, Roman close behind. He wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand.

"Next class is Thursday at five, okay?" Les asked.

They both nodded. Roman shook his hand once more. "Thanks again." He said with a smile. Dean nodded his agreement.

Les raised an eyebrow and looked at Dean. "Don't you thank me till you don't get whiplash, kid."

Dean grinned sheepishly and followed Roman out of the room.

"You have fun?" Roman asked once they were outside.

Dean looked over at him. "What do you think?" Roman laughed. "Did you?" Dean asked hopefully.

His friend thought for a moment. "Yeah, I did." He said with a smile.

Dean smiled back happily. "Yay." He said.

Roman ruffled his hair. "Do you want to go to the gym after school tomorrow?"

Dean nodded. "Yeah, legs or arms?"

"Legs." Roman said. "I have weak legs."

Dean lifted up his left arm with his right. "I have weak everything." He said with a pout.

Roman grinned. "We'll fix that. C'mon." Together, they walked to the car.

A/N: I just wanted to thank you guys so so much for 10,000 reads!!! Y'all are amazing and I hope you keep reading because there's still a lot more to come ❤️