Chapter 130

The call came at noon the next day, as Roman and Dean were driving back home. Dean jumped as his phone rang, looking down at it. His breath caught. "Ro, it's ringing-"

Roman looked over at him. "Who is it?"

He shook his head. "I don't know. Just a number."

"Answer it!"

Dean swallowed hard and hit answer, putting the call on speaker. "Hello?" he said unsurely.

"Hey, is this Dean Ambrose?"

"Yes-"

"Hi, this is Matt Bloom, from NXT."

Dean hit Roman's shoulder, mouthing 'Matt Bloom' ecstatically. "Um, hi." He replied.

"Is Roman there?"

"Hi, I'm Roman." Roman said, then cringed at his response. Dean touched his arm reassuringly.

"Okay, cool. Listen, Hunter talked to me this morning and says he wants you guys down in Orlando ASAP."

"So what does that mean for us?" Roman asked.

"Well, what's the soonest you can get down here?"

Dean and Roman glanced at each other. Dean shrugged. "A week?" Roman offered.

"That would be awesome." Matt replied. "As soon as you get here, give me a call, alright? We can start your training as soon as you do."

"We will." Dean said. "Thank you so much."

"Alright, guys. See you soon. Have a good night."

"You too." Dean said. The call ended. Dean took a deep breath, feeling like he'd been holding it the entire call. "Wow." He said.

Roman nodded. "I wonder what they have in mind? I feel like they're moving us along quickly, don't you?"

"If they are, I'm not complaining." Dean said. "A week, huh?"

Roman nodded. "I have relatives in Florida, we can stay with them until we get a place."

"I didn't know you had relatives down there." Dean said in surprise.

"Yeah, I gotta couple cousins. So when we get home, I want you to start packing. We need to leave on Friday."

"That early?"

"Thirteen hour drive, and I don't want to get there the day before. If you're okay with that, obviously."

"Of course." Dean said.

"You excited?" Roman asked.

"What do you think?" Dean said, rolling his eyes.

Roman pretended to scrutinize him. "Mmm... no. Not excited at all." Dean just punched his arm.