Chapter 18

Dean woke up surprisingly early, considering how late he was up the night before. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, feeling a pang of sadness. Today he and Roman were returning home to Cincinnati.

He got up out of bed and ran his fingers through his hair, grabbing his phone off the table as he went.

His eyes widened as he saw the messages between Seth and Roman. 'I'm sorry I lost.' Dean felt horribly guilty. Seth probably thought he was mad.

As he watched, another message came through.

Seth Rollins

Today

9:03 AM

SR: Dean? Are you awake?

DA: Yeah, I am.

SR: I'm so sorry about last night...

SR: I know you wanted me to win and I just feel terrible.

DA: Seth, it's okay.

SR: Really?

DA: Yeah. :)

DA: I'm just happy I got to see you.

SR: Maybe I could see you again?

DA: I...can't.

DA: I'm flying home today.

SR: Oh.

SR: Well, where do you live?

DA: Cincinnati.

SR: That's pretty far.

SR: You're traveling with Roman?

DA: Yeah.

SR: Okay.

SR: Just promise you'll be safe.

DA: I will.

SR: Good.

DA: I'll try to text you later?

SR: Sounds good to me. ;)

SR: Oh wait, Dean?

DA: Yeah?

SR: What time are you leaving?

DA: Eleven, I think.

SR: Okay.

SR: See ya...

Dean pocketed his phone and went to the shower, turning it on. He stripped off his clothes and climbed in, letting the hot water run over his face and hair. He sighed softly.

He so wished he and Roman didn't have to leave today. Just one more day, maybe. But he knew his parents would kill him. He had school the next day; they wouldn't be for letting him miss it to travel.

He finished his shower and got dressed, towel drying his hair. Then he set to work packing his bags.