Chapter 32

Dean woke up first the next morning to Roman's alarm clock. Roman slammed his hand down on it sleepily, but Dean was already up. He slid out of bed, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, and sighed.

"Ro." There was no response. He shook his friend's shoulder a bit. "C'mon, we gotta get ready."

Roman gave a tired groan and didn't raise his head. Rolling his eyes, Dean left him in bed and went to the shower, bumping into Mrs. Reigns in the hall. "Hey, Patricia..." he mumbled, still half asleep. Roman's mom had long ago pulled him aside and told him firmly that if he was to be friends with her son he would not call her Mrs. Reigns, as it was too formal.

The woman smiled up at him kindly. "Hello, Dean. I see you two made it home safe and sound. Where's my son? Still asleep?"

Dean smiled back at her. "Yeah, just like always, huh?"

"Very true, dear." She walked past him, patting his arm as she went.

That was why Dean loved Mrs. Reigns. Her son could be gone for a week and return home at half past ten on a school night. She'd wake up to see that Dean had, without warning, stayed the night, and no questions were asked.

Patricia also knew her son was gay, and accepted it fully. She used to tease Roman and Dean about being together when they were younger, which resulted in Roman going red in the face and denying it repeatedly. Though Roman had admitted a while back to having a crush on Dean when they were little, Dean never felt weird or uncomfortable with the close nature of their relationship. Besides, Roman had Randy now.

Pushing his thoughts away, he went to the shower, turning on the water and letting it get hot. He stripped down to his boxers and went to take those off when the door opened.

"Shit, Dean, my bad."

Dean turned and glared at his friend, yanking his boxers up. "Fine time to get up."

Roman grinned. "Nice ass, Ambrose." He teased.

Dean threw his shirt at him, hitting him in the head. "Get out, you perv." Roman held up his hands in defense and left, closing the door behind him.

Dean shook his head, smiling a bit. Then he locked the door. He didn't need another interruption.