Chapter 122

A/N: Short update for today; big stuff coming!

It was Thursday when Seth followed up on the audition. Dean had just gotten home from class, which proved to be more grueling than ever for both him and Roman. Les was now committed to getting them into the WWE. "If my students got into that company, it'd do wonders for business. Plus, it would be amazing." He had said, as they did rolls across the ring to the point of nausea.

He was wiping sweat off his face with a towel, his chest still rising and falling somewhat quickly, when his phone buzzed. His heart jumped slightly, looking over his shoulder to where Roman was in the kitchen.

He hadn't told Roman about the original audition plan. It didn't matter, anyways, because the more Dean thought about it, the more he realized he didn't want to have the job without Roman.

He toweled off his hair, then picked up his phone, looking at the message.

Seth Rollins

Thursday, December 8, 2016

6:23 PM

Hey.

I tried to way till after your class. Can you talk?

Yeah, we just got home.

What's up?

Can I call you?

Er... I guess, yeah.

Am I gonna like what you have to say?

Seth didn't answer, but simply called him, the alert appearing on Dean's phone. Taking a deep breath, he hit answer.

"Hey, Seth." He said, feeling slightly nervous.

"Dean..." Seth's tone did nothing to reassure him. "I talked to Hunter before RAW Monday. I told him that you didn't want the audition unless he gave it to Roman as well. Unfortunately, I had to tell him that I'd never seen Roman perform, and therefore had no idea of his skill level."

Dean swallowed, hard. He was tempted to interject and tell him that Roman was amazing, perhaps even better than Dean, but knew it was useless. Seth had already talked to Hunter, telling him now would do nothing to change the decision. Instead, he simply said, "So?"

There was a pause. "Well, he thought about it for a while, and finally told me his answer yesterday." Seth's voice sounded almost dejected; Dean's heart plummeted slightly. "And he said he was willing to meet with both of you Monday, provided your audition was a match between you two."

Dean's breath caught. "R-Really?" he asked in disbelief.

"Oh, I so got you, didn't I?" Seth's voice was spirited now; Dean could almost imagine him grinning on the other end.

"Seth Rollins, I swear-" Dean wanted to strangle him.

"C'mon, that was good. Besides, it was what you wanted. You have an audition!"

To dismay, Dean felt a few tears prick his eyes. His dream, over a year ago, had seemed impossible. Now he was closer than ever. "I can't believe it, I r-really can't..." he said, his voice cracking.

He wiped his eyes to stopping the tears from flowing and was opening his mouth to say more when Roman appeared in the hallway. "Hey, dinner's almost ready..." he frowned. "Are you okay?"

Dean nodded rapidly. "Seth, I gotta go, Roman's here."

"I'll see you Monday, Dean."

Dean laughed slightly, still overcome. "Yeah, see you Monday-" He hung up and looked at Roman, smiling widely. "We have auditions!" He cheered.

Roman's eye grew wide. "What- we do? Both of us?"

Dean nodded once more.

Now Roman was grinning as well, walking over to Dean and wrapping him in a tight hug.

"I'm so excited-" Dean gasped, feeling the air crushed out of him. Roman had grown much stronger over the past year.

Roman released him with a quick apology that did nothing to wipe the smile off his face. "So, when is it?"

Dean ran his fingers through his hair, elation coursing through him. "Monday. Before RAW, in Philly."

Roman nodded. "Okay. Okay, where?"

Dean bit his lip. "Not sure. Where ever RAW is, hang on..." he pulled out his phone and looked up the location for RAW 12/12/16. "Wells Fargo Center."

"Awesome. Kind of a long drive, though..." Roman frowned, thinking.

"Leave Sunday?" Dean offered.

"Yeah." Roman said. "Yeah, we'll drive halfway. Do you know what time we have to be there?"

"No... just that it's before RAW. I'll ask Seth tonight."

"Okay." Roman said again. He was still smiling.

"You're really happy, aren't you?" Dean realized. "I didn't know you wanted this so bad."

"I didn't." Roman admitted. "Not until you asked me to train with you. As soon as I started, I just... fell in love with it. Make sure you tell Seth how grateful I am."

"I will." Dean promised. "Now. I'm hungry. What's for dinner?"