Chapter 56

It would be nearly an hour until Dean was extracted from the car. The crash wasn't horrible, but the driver's door was mangled beyond belief and the other doors were blocked by the ditch.

Roman had been sitting in his car, watching the events unfold, but he got out when he saw Dean pulled from the car. He was moving.

Roman ran up and crouched down beside him, ignoring the team's protests. "Hey. Hey, Dean. How're you feeling?" He asked gently, looking down at him.

Dean looked up at him. His eyes were slightly wide, and Roman could see him trembling.

"'M good. Fine-" he said shakily.

Roman cupped his cheek worriedly, looking up at the woman from earlier. "Is he hurt?"

"No..." she began hesitantly.

"Good." He pulled Dean close to him, picking him up in his arms.

"Sir, he's suffered serious mental trauma, we need to take him in-"

"Mental trauma. Like shock?" When the woman nodded, Roman turned and began to carry Dean back to his car. "That can be taken care of at home."

The team tried to stop him at first, but the woman shook her head, putting her arm out. They let him pass.

Roman laid Dean down in the backseat, looking at him in concern. "Don't worry, Dean..." he said softly. "We're going home."

Dean mumbled something inaudible in reply.

Roman brushes his hair out of his face, then closed the door, climbing into the driver's seat. He turned to look back at Dean once more before starting the car and driving off.