Chapter 69

He opened the door to the apartment and forced his legs to move. Roman was on the couch, watching him silently.

Dean approached him. It was odd; he didn't feel like crying. He didn't feel much of anything.

"I saw the alerts." Roman said, his voice barely audible.

Dean turned to look at him. "I don't understand." He whispered. "I don't..." There were the tears. He blinked furiously, but they fell anyways. "God, Ro, I c-can't..."

Roman slipped his hand into Dean's and held it tightly. "He doesn't deserve you, you know that?"

Dean nodded quickly, sniffling. His face was soaked. Through blurred vision he saw Roman wipe his eyes with his free hand.

"Randy and I haven't been speaking." He said quietly.

Dean was shaking slightly, but he squeezed Roman's hand nonetheless. "H-How long?" He stuttered.

"Since October. Smackdown, I... I refused to sleep with him."

"D-Did he hurt you?"

"No, he just got mad." Roman murmured.

"They're a-all jerks." Dean choked. "I'm sorry, Ro..."

Roman pulled Dean close to him, hugging him tightly. Dean buried his head in his friend's chest. He felt Roman's hands in his hair. They felt good. Better than Seth's. More familiar.

Dean pulled back, looking up at Roman with a tear stained face. Roman cupped his cheek. Dean's face was close to his, Dean breathing heavily in an effort to calm himself.

"Ro..." He said softly. His hands twisted Roman's shirt. Then he pressed his lips against Roman's.

Roman froze, surprised, but after a moment Dean felt his lips move against his, kissing him fiercely.

Dean tangled his fingers in Roman's hair as his friend pushed him down onto the couch, pulling off Dean's shirt.

Dean returned the action, pulling Roman's shirt over his head. The two continued to kiss, every emotion in Dean pouring out and powering Roman in turn.

Soon Roman's belt was off, and Dean was working on the zipper as Roman kissed Dean's neck, removing all pain from Dean's mind.