Chapter 21

Dean spent most of the rest of the day hanging around his hotel room, watching TV and eating snacks. At a little past seven, he got a text from Seth.

Seth Rollins

Today

7:15 PM

SR: Hey Dean.

SR: My friends and I made it to Houston, just so you know.

SR: Are you gonna watch RAW tonight?

SR: Dean, talk to me.

Dean hesitated for a moment, then picked up his phone, ignoring the cracked screen as he began to type.

Today

7:26 PM

DA: Of course I'm watching RAW tonight.

SR: Right. Well, um...

DA: I'm glad you guys made it safe.

DA: How's Randy? He talk about his date?

SR: Randy isn't with us, Dean.

DA: Wait, what?

SR: Yeah, he doesn't have to be on RAW.

SR: He's coming up tomorrow for Smackdown.

DA: Oh.

DA: My bad, I guess...

SR: Something wrong?

DA: Nothing, I just...

DA: I could've sworn they were just going out for lunch.

SR: Well, they did, right?

SR: Maybe Roman thought he was leaving, too.

DA: Yeah. You're probably right.

DA: Anyways, you should go prepare for RAW, huh?

SR: I should, but... Dean?

DA: Yeah?

SR: Is everything alright between us?

DA: Yeah. For sure.

SR: Okay. I'm glad. :)

DA: Me too.

Dean put his phone down for a moment, then picked it back up. He found Roman's name in his contacts and dialed the number, putting the phone up to his ear. He listened to it ring. "This is Roman. Leave a message."

He frowned, placing the phone on the bed. Roman should've been back by now. And he would've answered if he'd been in his hotel room.

Dean pushed the thoughts away and got comfortable on the bed, watching as RAW started live on TV. It began with Stephanie McMahon walking out and going on some long rant about how Randy Orton cheated.

He was surprised Randy wasn't required to be on the show that night, since it would've made sense for him to come out and defend himself.

Instead, he grinned as Seth came out, saying the match was rigged, demanding Stephanie give him a rematch.

Things got even better when Triple H came out, calming down both his wife and Seth, and promising a rematch the next night on Smackdown. So that's what Randy would be doing tomorrow.

Dean continued to watch as Seth demanded that Triple H be out there for his match, to make sure Randy didn't try anything funny. The crowd booed, knowing that they would use it as a chance to cheat. Then they went to commercial.

Dean shook his head, smiling. Part of him loved Seth as a heel, and part of him wondered if he'd ever be face again. He missed the Seth Rollins that appreciated the crowd, instead of scorning them.

He sighed, pausing the TV and getting up off the bed. He wanted to watch it live, but he was also hungry. He went down to the lobby to find something to eat.