Chapter 98

Five weeks later, Dean was in his final week of high school. 

It was Sunday night, and Dean could never have guessed that the amount of flashcards lying in front of him existed in the world. He sat on the couch with his head in his hands, sighing as he stared at the numerous subjects he could never hope to memorize by the next day.

Roman came into the living room, sitting down on the couch beside him. "Dean... I think it's time to go to bed."

Dean looked over at him. "No, not yet. I still have to memorize... this." He gestured to the piles of flashcards spread out across the floor.

Roman smiled a bit. "Y'know, when I studied for my finals last year, I didn't memorize every single fact."

"Neither did I, but that was junior year. This is senior year, this is important."

"So is every other year, Dean. And you did fine, regardless of how much you studied."

Dean ran his fingers through his hair with a sigh. "I'm just... this is my last year, y'know? I wanna do good."

"You will, Dean." Roman wrapped an arm around him. "Just go get some sleep, alright?"

Dean bit his lip. "Can I sleep with you tonight?"

Roman smiled, nodding. "Yeah. C'mon, Ambrose." He stood, and Dean followed suit, taking one last look at the flashcards before walking after Roman to his room.

It wasn't until he actually walked over to the bed that he realized how tired he was. He sat down, barely managing to take off his shoes before he was asleep.

Unbeknownst to him, Roman approached him, taking off his socks and pants before rolling into bed beside him, pulling him close as always and whispering "Night, Dean," in his ear.