Chapter 15

Dean rubbed his eyes quickly and pulled out his phone, his vision still slightly blurry from sleeping. He needed to text Seth just one more time before the match began.

Seth Rollins

Today

11:12 PM

DA: I know you probably don't have your phone.

DA: Just wanted to wish you good luck.

DA: Not like you'll need it.

DA: Ik you'll win.

SR: Thank you, Dean.

Dean waited, but when Seth didn't say anything more he knew he'd left. As Randy's music began to play throughout the stadium, Dean put his phone in his pocket.

He looked over at Roman, smiling slightly as he saw his friend's eyes following Randy's every step down the ramp.

When Randy reached the ring, Roman was among the loudest to cheer. Dean booed, but quickly silenced himself, smiling, at Roman's expression.

Then Seth's music began. It was hard to imagine that just five minutes ago Dean had been texting the very man that was headlining WrestleMania. He grinned as Seth slid into the ring and raised his championship high into the air.

The entire stadium erupted in boos, much to Dean's shock. He'd thought Seth was a crowd favorite right now, but he supposed against Randy Orton he didn't stand much of a chance.

He felt his chest tighten slightly as he caught the expression on Seth's face on the screen. Hurt was reflected in his eyes. No one liked to be booed.

Seth managed to shake it off and handed his title to the referee. And with that, the bell rang.