Chapter 31

The plane landed at eight fifteen, but they didn't actually leave the airport parking lot until almost nine.

Dean called the backseat of Roman's care and laid down, pulling out his phone and opening his messages from Seth.

Seth Rollins

Today

8:57 PM

DA: Would I want you to train me? Is that a joke?

DA: I'm safe back in Cincinnati, by the way.

It wasn't until they were almost home that Dean realized Seth wouldn't be responding as Smackdown was currently running. He wondered if Roman remembered that, because Dean hadn't even realized until just now.

"Smackdown's on, Ro."

"Yeah." Roman didn't say anything more, but his tired voice was enough to stop Dean from saying anything else for the time being.

Roman pulled into the parking lot of their high school not long after, turning to look back at Dean. "Where am I going?" He asked quietly.

Dean looked up at him, hesitating. After a moment he replied, "Yours."

Roman simply nodded and began to drive once more. At half past ten, they pulled into his driveway. Roman took all of their luggage into the house, then came back out and picked Dean up out of the car, carrying him up to Roman's room and laying him down in bed.

Dean immediately closed his eyes and snuggled close into the covers. A minute later he felt Roman slip in beside him, wrapping his arm lightly around his waist. "Night, Ambrose." He said softly.

And just like he'd done hundreds of times before, every time Dean had slept over, he moved just a tiny bit closer to Roman, took a tired breath, and replied, "Night, Ro."