Two Roads, One Path

Unknown POV #1

"Patient B12 has escaped sir."

"What? How could she have escaped?"

"I don't know sir, I went in to check on her like I always do and she was gone."

"Coma patients do not just get up and walk away."

"I'm sorry sir, but this one did."

"Find her you fools, I want this whole hospital searched, find her or I'll nail your balls to the floor."

"Yes, sir."

Unknown POV #2

Where the hell am I, and why the hell am I so out of breath?

I'm running, but what am I running from?

I-I can't remember, why can't I remember?

Running seems to be working for me so I'll keep doing it.

I wish I knew what I was running from.

I look down and feel very weird.

Am I supposed to be running this fast? How am I running really fast? What am I running to?

I hear a noise in the distance, it's a train.

Good I can get out of this fucking town. Wait a second I don't even know where it is I'm running from so how do I know I want out? Might as well, it's not like I have any family in this town.

Now how the fuck would I know that?

The train slowly gets faster as I run along side it and search for a car to hop on.

Hmm, medical syringes? No, I don't think so, eww garbage... too stinky. Hey, pillow factory supplies, sounds promising. I can survive that long until I get to LA. When did I decide on LA? Oh well at least it's away from her.

Unknown POV #1

"Did you find her?"

"No sir, she's gone."

"The boss will have our asses if she's not returned. Go and find her, you have one week, if she's not returned don't ever show your face in this town again. Now go"

"B-But sir it's noon."

"So you'll get an extreme tan, so what? Find her or the boss will find you, and you know what that'll mean."

"Yes sir."

Unknown POV #1

Fuck I must have dosed off because I was so comfortable.

The train comes to a stop and I look out to see where the fuck I've woken up in.

Los Angeles? Well at least my brain knows what its doing because I sure don't.

I take a moment to look around and jump off just as the train starts pulling away. I turn toward the city and start walking. Voices yell out.

"Hey you, what the hell do you think you're doing?"

Uh-oh, it's time to start running again. Of course for me to run away my legs would actually have to move. Okay legs, MOVE. MOVE damn you.