The Seventh Deadly Sin

Someone's POV

Kill... Kill the slayer... Gotta kill the slayer... Have to kill the slayer... Have to... Someone's coming. It's someone big, someone REALLY big. This is gonna be fun.

I grab his arm as it comes overhead.

"By the sound of those massive mud flaps I'd peg you as a demon, which means you're in for a world of..."

I open my eyes and look up at whatever stupid demon...

Oh crap...

"... Pain..."

Adam, get up before he butchers you.

"Spike, I want you to come with me."

Oh yeah that's a good idea.

"Do you? Well let's go then."

I turn around long enough to pull a fist back. I punch him in the stomach.

"Ow!"

Okay I don't fancy trying that again.

"Come..."

He takes a step forward and I take a couple back.

"You're going to help me with my problem."

Right and that's gonna happen.

"And why's that exactly?"

"I'm going to help you with yours."

My problem? What problem do I have that he can...? Oh, I knew this was gonna be fun.

Buffy's POV

She's been real quiet.

I unlock the door to my dorm room and we walk in.

I don't think she's said a word since we left Giles'. Even when we went patrolling for the complete lack of vampires we found. It's probably a bad thing that we didn't find any vamps but oddly enough I'm more concerned about Faith.

I close the door behind Faith as she walks into the middle of the room.

She's just standing in the middle of the room, it's almost like she's uncomfortable around me. Oh god, I'm not making her uncomfortable cause I have feelings for her am I? I mean I know I've sorta been half staring at her since we left Giles', but that wasn't because I think she's hot. I mean I do think she's hot but then how does she know that unless I tell her... God...

I resist the urge to slap myself in the face that would probably bring up too many more questions than I'm willing to answer.

I can't keep doing this to myself. Just cause I have this uncontrollable urge to suck on her bottom lip doesn't mean I should just blurt out how I feel about her, especially with her condition. What am I talking about? Her condition? It's not like she's diseased and gangrene or something, she's got amnesia. It's not contagious. She's still standing there, still uncomfortable, shifting her weight but never actually moving. Something's wrong, I should ask her what's wrong.

"Faith?"

She turns and looks at me with those big brown eyes of hers.

"Yeah?"

"Is everything okay?"

She starts pacing slowly and rubbing the back of her head.

"Um... yeah... um..."