Magic Movie Moments

Author's Note: The song in this chapter is the one above.

Buffy's POV

Oh god that tastes horrible... but it's alcoholic and right now that's the best thing for me. Getting drunk is the only way I'm ever gonna forget how I feel about Faith. It's the only way I'll ever forget that we'll never be together the way we should be. Not that I ever will, forget about Faith I mean. Getting drunk is easy, it just takes lots and lots of beers. It's forgetting Faith that'll take some work. It'll take more than just this one beer I've got anyway.

I take another swig of my beer but it doesn't help.

I'll never forget Faith. She's too much a part of me. She's in every part of me, in my heart, my soul. I'll never get over her.

The song the band is playing comes to a close and I look up at the stage.

They're a pretty good band. The lead singer's got some pipes on her too. I think she said her name was Avril Lavigne. Course it would help me like her if she didn't sing nothing but love songs. God how I hate those songs right now. I so don't need to be reminded of what I've lost.

You know in a perfect world Faith would come through the door as the next song came on. She'd come in, she'd kiss me and forgive me for what I did, just like in the movies. She'd forgive me for what I did and kiss me and I'd take her home and make love to her all night long... if this were like the movies.

I take a drink of my beer and I cringe at the taste.

In a perfect world that's the way this night would happen.

I take another drink.

But this isn't a perfect world. Far from it... this world sucks. Why the hell do I keep saving it anyway? Maybe the next time the end of the world comes along I'll just let it come. God knows it'd be better than living the rest of my life without her.

The next song starts up and I find myself looking toward the door, hoping maybe she might be there, but she's not.

"I'm standing on the bridge..."

She's not GOING to be there.

"I'm waiting in the dark..."

I gotta accept that.

"I thought that you'd be here, by now..."

I take a drink of my beer and the tears stream down my face.

"There's nothing but the rain, no footsteps on the ground..."

I look toward the door again and...

Oh my god, Faith?

She comes through the door and looks around. It makes me stand up.

"I'm listening but there's, no sound..."

Our eyes meet and it's like the whole world goes away and there's just us. She walks toward me and I don't know what to do.

What is she...? Why is she...?

Before I know it she's standing in front of me, looking at me with those beautiful eyes of hers, nothing but love in them. I don't know what to say as she gets closer, her eyes never leaving mine. The chorus strikes up and she takes me in her arms and kisses me like I've never been kissed before. I bring my arms up, taking her head in my hands to kiss her back harder.

SHE LOVES ME! SHE REALLY DOES LOVE ME!

We break our kiss finally and look into each other's eyes, my tears of pain now tears of joy. I don't know what to say as she smiles at me but lucky for me she speaks first, whispering to me softly.

"Buffy?"

She wipes away the tears on my cheeks with her thumbs.

"I'm sorry."

"Oh no... oh no Faith I'm so... I'm so sorry, I should've..."

"Ssh, it's all right. None of that matters now. All that matters is right here, right now. All that matters is you and me, and this..."

She kisses me gently and passionately.

"I love you Faith."

"I know... I know exactly how you feel."

I kiss her passionately before squeezing her in a tight embrace. I whisper in her ear.

"Faith?"

"Hmm?"

"I want you to come back with me."

"Back?"

"Come back to my place with me."

She pulls back slightly to look at me.

"Are you sure?"

God yes.

"I'm sure."

"W-What about your mom?"

"She's gonna be away all night at the gallery. We can be alone all night together."

"You mean it?"

I push the hair back out of her face to really look at her.

"I... I don't want to spend another night without you Faith. I don't want to spend another night without you next to me while I sleep. I want to feel your body against mine. I want to know that all I have to do is look down at you and feel completely happy. So come back to my place with me... please?"

She doesn't say anything. She just looks at me and smiles.

We don't need words to express the volumes of text we see in each other's eyes.

She takes my hand in hers and we leave. We leave for an experience neither of us will ever forget.

 We leave for an experience neither of us will ever forget

Author's Note: So... who wants to take bets about whether or not things will be getting NSFW in the next chapter?