Trust

John's POV

"We have to find her. We came all the way to L.A. to find her on a fucking rumor."

"Yeah well if she ain't here that guy's dead."

"Actually it wasn't a he."

"She's dead."

"It's actually not a she either."

Fuck I need to kill Dave one of these days. He's always correcting me.

"Well whatever the fuck it was I'm gonna slit its fucking throat if it was lying to us."

"You can't kill a Carthedge demon by slitting it's throat John."

"Well I'll fucking set it on fire or drown it or some shit like that all right? Jesus Christ in a fucking taxi cab Dave sometimes I wonder why the boss hasn't dusted you yet. You're always pissing everyone the fuck off."

"Hey I'm the only one who actually takes the time to learn the shit so... holy shit, stop the car."

I slam on the breaks and brace myself for the pile of cars that never crash.

This better be fucking important.

"John, look!"

I look out his window at the street and don't see her.

"What? What the fuck am I looking for?"

"Look, look there."

I follow his finger with my eyes. I smack him as I see what he's pointing at.

"We don't have time for you to whack off, put your dick back in your fucking..."

"Look, look on the street it's her!"

Holy shit he's right.

"Holy shit, you're right."

All this time we've been searching without sleep and all we had to do is drive down one little street and there she is. But wait, who's she with?

"Hey Dave, who is that she's with."

"I-I don't know, he seems to be helping her though. Get a little closer and maybe we can identify him."

I release the parking break and start to follow him down the street.

Jesus Christ, this isn't obvious, we need a better plan.

"Can you see who it is yet?"

"I-I can't quite make... Oh shit! I-We have to get reinforcements."

"What? Why? Who is it?"

"I-It's Angel."

"Angel? You mean Angelus Angel, the same Angel who kills hundreds of us a week Angel, protector of the innocent Angel?"

"Yes that Angel."

"Well then I guess it's a good thing I'm gonna ram him with the car ain't it?"

Angel's POV

That car has been following us for a couple blocks now, whoever it is must want me to know they're following us. I better come up with an escape plan fast otherwise...

I hear someone gun their motor.

I guess I'm out of time. Faith, I have to protect Faith. She's obviously in no condition to fight. Okay so where's the quickest easiest way to escape.