The Power of Love

Author's Note: So, I couldn't decide which song works best for this chapter, so I added them both. Which works best for you?

Faith's POV

I kick the door to 314 down with very little effort. Buffy goes in first, axe raised, and I follow moments later pulling my knife out of my belt, ready to attack. The room's empty. We look at each other.

"I guess he's not here."

We both let our guards down.

"I guess not. Well, there goes my plan."

Maybe he's somewhere else, like command central, wherever that is.

"Any idea where we should look now?"

"I was kinda hoping that this would be the last place we look but..."

The door behind us slams shut and locks automatically.

"Well this can't be good."

"I'm gonna have to agree with you there B."

"Locked in a room, with no way out... this almost looks like a trap."

All of the sudden, a secret door opens out of the wall at the other end of the room.

Obvious much?

"Okay this is officially a trap."

Yeah I'd say so.

"You ready to take the bait?"

"It's not like we have a choice."

"True."

We head toward the secret door but just before going through B stops me.

"Faith?"

Aw geez.

"Yeah?"

"Look I know that we're, you know, not on the best of terms right now but... well one of us might not come back from this and... just in case it's me I... I want you to know that I, I love you."

Oh she just HAD to say that, didn't she?

"Can we go yet?"

She gets a little teary eyed.

"Sure..."

We start walking through the door and down the mysterious hallway.

"Okay, Graham told me the only way to stop Adam is to remove the power source in his chest."

"So what do we do? Ask him to lie down while I cut into him with my big knife?"

"Do you think that it would work?"

I laugh at her.

"Probably not."

She smiles at me sheepishly. It makes me smile back for a second.

What am I doing? Focus on the end of the world.

"We should probably have a plan B just in case."

"Well I was thinking about that and I figured... Adam is probably expecting me but, he's not expecting you. He may not even know about you, and if he does know about you he's never fought you. He doesn't know your fighting style. I figure if you attack him head on he'll be caught off guard and I'll use the distraction to bury my axe in his chest or something. Once we open him up it's only a matter of time before we take him apart."

"Or he kills us."

"Either way."

We see the end of the hall 10 feet away.