Hero

Buffy's POV

Well here it is, the moment we've all been waiting for. The big fight scene, the battle of a lifetime. We can all feel it.

We walked through the cave entrance a few minutes ago and all our moods shifted.

We're not scared, not really, we'd all just rather be somewhere else. We've been through a few apocalypses in the time we've known each other and we all know that some of us might not make it through this. But all of us also know that I would never let that happen. We don't really talk about it, but we know I'd do anything to save my friends, and Faith knows I'd do twice that to save her.

You know they say hindsight is 20/20, well in my case it's better than that. Mine is 20/40 or 40/20, which ever is better than perfect. Cause that's what my life is, better than perfect. Even with the big battle only minutes away... I can say my life is perfect. Everything that we've been through, every moment of pleasure and pain and all the moments in between.

All of them worth it just to know that we're here, now, with my friends... with our friends, and happy. I can't think of a single thing I could ever want more than this. Well maybe this Omega son of a bitch dead, which will be happening pretty soon if I have anything to say about it, and I do.

We come up on what looks like a new section of the cave and we all stop.

"Okay, remember what Giles said. Omega will have his closest followers chanting around him, giving him their strength. Take them out if you can and any other vamps he might have with him, but leave Omega to the super slayers okay?"

"Right cause going up against a mightily pissed off demon that's existed since the dawn of time, that was my first impulse."

"Shut up Spike. Okay let's go."

We break into a running charge as we enter the room, and then we stop.

"Well that was... anti-climactic, all that build up and then... nothing."

Xander says something I never thought I'd hear him say.

"I'm gonna have to go with Spike on this one, a doctor's office waiting room isn't really the place for an ultimate battle."

Faith looks around at the absurd little room and walks over to the big wooden doors on the other side of the room.

"Yeah if it weren't for the giant wooden doors it would be exactly like a doctor's waiting room."

She seems to listen to something as I join her next to the door.

"Sounds like some big chant session going on inside. Can't make out what they're saying though, this door must be pretty thick. Could be demon boy is in here."

I can hear the chanting too.

"Guess there's only one way to find out. You guys ready?"

They all take their weapons in hand, ready to use them. Faith and I put our hands against one of the two double doors.

"Ready babe?"

"I always am lover."

We smile at each other before opening the door. We open the door to see a massive room full of vampires.

Oh good.

In the middle of the room is a huge demon surrounded by 12 vampires in cloaks.

That must be Omega. He's at least 20 feet tall and seriously ripped. He looks essentially human, though I don't know too many 20 foot humans with grey skin that look that ripped. And then there's the face. He's got these white spiky things on either side of the top of his head, pointed ears, and teeth like... well let's just say they make vampire teeth look like white mice. But that's not what bugs me the most. What bugs me the most are the over 200 vamps that are kneeling around him and his little entourage. This could be a problem.