Scooby Hypocrites

Buffy's POV

I walk through Giles' door. Giles, Xander and Willow are still here and Anya has joined them.

"Guys we have a problem."

"Yes I should say we do. Buffy we must talk about the situation you've put yourself in."

Situation... what situation?

I walk into the living room so I can look everyone in the eyes.

"What do you mean? What situation?"

"Buff, we just... we want to talk to you about this... Faith... thing."

"Faith thing? This Faith thing? Wanna clarify what exactly you mean by 'this Faith thing' Xander?"

He gets really nervous.

Good, he should be. I'm not gonna let them tear apart my feelings for Faith. It's pretty much all I have of her right now.

"What I meant was, your... your feelings for Faith, they're... well we're concerned."

Concerned?

"How? What EXACTLY is it about my love for Faith that 'concerns' you?"

"Well we..."

Xander pauses in mid sentence, unsure of how to finish that sentence so Anya jumps in.

"We think you might be insane."

"Anya."

"What? I said might be."

They think I'm insane?

"Is that right? You think I'm insane do you?"

"No we, we don't think you're insane we just, we're concerned that maybe... Buff you gotta admit you've been acting kinda weird lately, ever since Faith came back."

"So I'm insane am I? I guess I'd have to be to hang out with such hypocrites."

Willow steps in at the hypocrite remark.

"Buffy we aren't hypocrites."

They aren't?

"This coming from the biggest hypocrite of all. Willow fell for Tara and we all just accept it, but I fall for Faith and I've gone insane? Talk about hypocritical."

"Buffy we're not..."

"You know Willow, out of everyone, I figured you'd understand. I figured you'd understand what I'm feeling, what I'm going through."

"I do Buffy, I mean... I think I do but... Buffy we've seen you do a lot of things, most of them with Angel, but we've never seen you willing to kill for someone."

"Okay but... I mean, doesn't that prove just how much I really do love Faith?"

Giles finally becomes part of the conversation.

"Buffy who you love is your business, we are simply concerned that, perhaps you are not thinking clearly."

So they think I'm insane. Fine then, if that's the way they want it.

"I'm not insane, I don't care what you guys say. My love for Faith has never been clearer. The whole accusing Faith of murder thing is making things rocky between us but I'm gonna get her back, no matter what you guys think."

I start to leave and then turn back.

"You know... I came here because whatever's going on with Adam is going down soon, maybe tonight. I came here for help. But you guys are obviously not interested in helping. All you want is to attack my love for Faith."