First Date

Faith's POV

She's such a great woman.

I'm sitting here together with Buffy at a table at the Bronze and all I'm thinking is...

She's such a great woman. Course I wasn't thinking that earlier tonight. Earlier tonight I was thinking we're all gonna die and I'm gonna lose the one person in the world who means more to me than me. But not anymore, Buffy took care of that.

I still don't know how she did it. She just, talked to me and everything was all better. Maybe it's this whole being in love thing. Maybe that's why all she has to do is say the right thing, or look at me or even just touch me the right way and I just know everything will be okay. Oh god can she touch me the right way, the way she... and then she... with the way she... oh and her tongue.

She has got the greatest tongue I've ever had the pleasure of feeling against my skin. And there was a LOT of pleasure. I've never met a man, or a woman for that matter, who can do what she does to me with that tongue of hers. I love this woman, and she loves me back.

I reach my hand across the table to her and she takes it in hers, staring into me as she does.

Even with everything I've done to her, after the way I've hurt her. After everything we've done to each other, she still loves me. I'm the luckiest woman in the world.

I finish my beer and set it down on the table next to the other empties.

I should tell her. I should tell her how I feel. That's what you do in a relationship isn't it? You tell each other how you feel.

"Buffy..."

"Willow?"

What?

Buffy's looking toward the crowd and Willow and Tara appear out of nowhere.

Oh, Willow.

"Hey guys, how are things?"

How are things?

"Things are great Red."

Tara's got this reserved grin on her face.

"Yeah... thanks to you."

"Well I'll tell you what, you can buy me a drink and we'll call it even."

Willow goes to sit down but Tara stops her.

"W-Willow h-honey? I t-think they want... wanna b-be alone."

Willow's gaze goes from Tara to me to Buffy then to our joined hands. It takes a second for it to register in her head.

"Oh, okay. Oh man... my bad. My total bad... I'll just, be..."

She starts frantically pointing away from the table.

"... you know, away. I'm gonna go..."

She backs away, taking Tara with her. Tara still has a smile on her face.

"... away so you two can..."

She just shuts up and leaves. B and I just laugh at her panicky state before going back to each other.

"She's kinda cute when she's like that."

Buffy does this sexy little pouty face and all of the sudden she has me all riled up.

"Cuter than me?"

I roll my eyes at her.

"Hey, you know there's no one cuter than you, or sexier."