The Kind of Plans You Never Follow Through On

Buffy's POV

"Faith I can help you if you let me..."

She falls on top of me.

Is she okay? What do I do?

Something tells me to put my arms around her, to keep her close.

"Will you let me help you Faith?"

I know I said I'd get Giles to, to do it but...

"Y-yes..."

But she trusts me... and with how Faith's last meeting with Giles went I bet it would take them too much time to trust each other. We may not have that much time left before whoever did this to her, comes after us both.

"Ma'am?"

I'll train her myself. It's the only way, I just hope that she's okay.

I check her pulse.

She's okay. She must have passed out because of whatever they did to her.

"Ma'am, are you okay?"

I'll just have to be sure I don't cause any little 'accidents' between us. Either kind. I can't have her go nuts like this because I pissed her off or because I gave her mixed signals like the other night.

"Ma'am is everything okay?"

Hun, oh...

"Yeah... everything's okay."

I roll Faith off me and she falls limply next to me.

What happened may have worn her out but I think I'm okay.

"Everything's fine..."

I hear footsteps coming this way. I look up and the two soldiers are picking up Faith and taking her away.

"Hey..."

I get up and get in their way.

"Where are you going? Aren't you gonna put her back in the bed until she recovers?"

"I'm sorry ma'am but we have to follow orders."

"Orders... what orders?"

"The general orders we've been given concerning this H.S.T."

H.S.T.?

"She is to remain under your supervision only so long as she does not pose a threat to you or any of the agents."

I gotta stop them, if I don't I may never see her again. That's what these government types do. They make people they think are dangerous disappear. I have to do something.

"She... she isn't a threat to you or to me."

"What?"

Oh great, that's a pile of crap and you know it.

"And I hear you asking the question... exactly how does that work? But if you don't put Faith back in that bed and leave her there until I get back you won't stay conscious long enough to ask the question."

They look at each other, trying to figure out what to do.

Yeah, and you know I'll do it.

"I may not kill humans but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy kicking their asses from time to time."

"We have our orders ma'am."

They try to avoid me but I put up both my hands and stop them.

"I don't give a damn about your orders. Your orders don't apply to me and they don't apply to her. She's under Riley Finn's jurisdiction and you can't take her anywhere without his authorization."

They look at each other again.

God it's like these two were surgically joined at the brain or something.

"Ma'am, Agent Finn is the one who issued these orders."

What? God damn it Riley, I thought we trusted each other.

"Look, put her back in that bed while I go talk to Riley. I'm gonna go see if I can change those orders of yours, now put her back in that bed."

They take a second to think about it and then hoist her up, an arm on each of their shoulders as they turn and put her back in her bed.

"Okay... I'll be back soon, and she better be here."

"Y-y-yes ma'am..."

"Good..."

I turn around and leave.

She better be here when I get back.

Willow's POV

I love this feeling. This feeling of incredible warmth and, I guess it's called bliss, I haven't felt this way too often but it's definitely better than joy so I guess bliss is the right word. Lying here with Tara in my arms, everything feels right.

I kiss her naked shoulder and this tingly feeling I've been feeling gets, well, more tingly.

I wonder if I have any replies from the magic message board.

She tosses in her sleep and more of her skin touches mine.

God what am I thinking? I should just lie here with this beautiful naked woman I love with my heart and soul and just enjoy this moment. But I promised Buffy I'd have that list figured out by tomorrow.

I lean over to look at the clock and squeeze her tighter as I do.

God I love the way she smells.

I catch the smell of her hair as I lean into her.

Her hair always seems to smell like cheese.

I plant a kiss on her cheek and her smile widens. I whisper softly to her.

"Tara?"

She stirs but she isn't awake.

Thank god, to awaken such a sleeping beauty would be a crime, especially since she's MY sleeping beauty. It's 4am, I better hop to it.

I slowly pull my arm out from under Tara, trying real hard not to disturb her slumber. I get my arm out and she shifts to adjust.

Good, I didn't wake her up.

I slowly roll out of bed and walk around to Tara's side. I kiss her forehead and her smile gets even wider.

"Tara?"

She's still asleep.

I take a step back and look at her.

Right, I forgot about her power. She can read auras. She can sense things about people, things that they may or may not know about themselves. She may not know what it is but she can sense it, but it gives her a sorta sixth sense, she feels people when they're around. It's a good thing I give her happy feelings, course I gave her more than happy feelings a few hours ago... while I should have been helping Buffy figure out what this new big bad has done to Faith.

I walk over to the computer and sit down.

No need to get dressed, she's pretty much seen everything there is to... well seen was a while back, we're strictly in the happy kissy touching place now.

The computer comes out of sleep mode and I look at the screen.

I even left the message board up and running.

I refresh it to see if there are any replies.

There are a number of them. I hope it's good news.

I open the first message.

It depends on the definition of good.