The Ties That Bind

Tara's POV

"Okay, we'll see you both later on. Okay... bye."

Willow puts the phone down and turns back to the group.

"Okay, I talked to both Buffy and Faith and they're going to meet us here later."

"It's a good thing Faith called you early this morning and told us where she was staying isn't it Giles?"

"Yes, now. Back to the business at hand."

Willow sighs deeply.

"Right, so... do you think they'll go for it?"

I think it could go either way.

Xander's still not sure.

"I dunno Will, I'm still not sure it's such a good idea. I mean bonding them together like that? It sounds kinda risky."

"I know Xander but I've checked other ways of breaking the spell. This is the best way to help Faith."

She's so committed to helping Faith now, it makes me love her even more.

"I know Willow, but Faith has a hard time even trusting people. Do you really think she'll be okay with..."

Giles interrupts.

"If she really wishes to help Buffy and the rest of us then she will. She shall at least have to consider the procedure."

"And what if she refuses? What do we do then?"

"Then we shall have to consider the possibility that Faith is a willing part of the vampire cult's plan. Although I am unsure how much we can trust her at the moment."

What?

"W-W-What do you m-mean?"

Giles throws the morning paper on the coffee table.

"What is it Giles?"

Xander picks up the paper and a look of shock comes over his face before his anger takes over.

"Damn it! I knew we couldn't trust her."

After a second Willow leans over the table and picks up the paper, bringing it into my view.

Oh no...

Spike's POV

"So when does this all mighty plan of yours go into motion?"

I walk into the cave where John and Adam were talking. They turn to look at me as I ask the question.

"Spike, how good of you to join us."

Stupid wanker.

"Hey I've been out there doing your dirty work. Spending time with those soddin' Scoobies just to see how your plans are affecting them and so far I haven't seen jack. They're too wrapped up in their own crap and that stupid prophecy to spend any time thinking about you and your stupid master."

I raise my eyebrow at him and all of the sudden it dawns on me.

"That's part of the plan isn't it? You're gonna keep them so wrapped up in each other they won't see what you're doing. You do know that's never gonna work right?"

"Oh they'll know what we're doing, they just won't take it out on us. They'll take it out on each other."

Okay now he ain't making any sense.

"If you actually knew these Scoobies like you claim to you'd know that in times of crisis these goody-goodies have a way of coming together for the greater good and all that crap."

"This time is different."

"Yeah, and how's that exactly?"

He hands me the morning paper as I light up a ciggy.

"Um, how exactly did you get a copy of the morning paper with the most important part of the morning paper being that people read it in the morning?"

"One of the delivery boys happened to start his route before dawn."

He ate the paper boy? How did I not teach this guy to have standards when I...

"Read the headline."

I read it.

"Yeah so? I dunno if you know this but people die in good old Sunny D all the time."

"Yeah but only a few of them have ever been killed by this."

I look up at him as he pulls a rather fancy looking knife out from his belt.

I don't get it.