Bloody Walls

Buffy's POV

No... I'm not gonna do it.

I walk through the front door of Stevenson and head toward the stairs.

I'm not gonna go see Faith, much as I might want to. She needs time like Tara said and going to see her would not fall into the category of giving her time. I'll just... I'll just go back to my room and go to bed. Sleeping will keep me from wanting her so much, at least until I wake up.

I head up the stairs to the second floor of the dorm.

I'll let her deal with the whole me not being able to trust her thing. I need to find a way to convince her that I trust her. Course it would help if I actually did. She was right. I don't trust her, not really. I want to trust her, I really do I just... something inside me wouldn't let me. I wanted to SO much but I couldn't. Maybe after everything with Angel and Scott and Parker and even Riley I just... expect her to do what they did. I just expect her to betray me like all the others. It's almost like I want her to do something wrong so I can hate her for it. I feel so horrible about it.

I have to do something. I have to do something or say something to make things okay again. I have to do something that'll prove to Faith that I trust her and that I mean it deep down inside. But I can't. I can't do it if she won't talk to me.

I get to my door and go to open it.

That's where the giving her time thing comes in. I'll just...

I open the door and walk inside.

Enjoy my blood red walls.

I look over the walls, stained with blood.

What the hell?

I nearly trip over something on the floor and I look down at it.

"Oh my god Forrest..."

I kneel down next to him, checking his blood soaked body for life.

He's cold. He's been dead for a while, but what is he doing here?

I hear someone gasping for air.

There's someone still alive?

I look up from Forrest's body and scan the room. I see three other dead bodies, none of them moving. I stand up and take a second look around. Graham appears from behind the bed obstructing my view, lying on the floor bleeding and barely breathing. He's propped up against the wall trying to keep from dying.

"Graham, what happened? Who did this?"

"Adam... he, he did this to... us."

Adam? Why?

"Adam? Why? What were you doing here?"

He speaks between painful breaths.

"Getting murdered... apparently..."

He tries to laugh but it makes him grab his side in pain and cough up a lung.

"We... we came here looking for you. Forrest... he blamed you for, for what happened to R-Riley."

"I didn't kill him."

"Didn't matter to him... he was c-convinced if Riley hadn't... met you he'd still be alive..."

I can't argue with that, unfortunately.

"He came to take you o-out but... Adam showed... up and tore us a-apart... said he had... plans for the... slayers."

"Plans? What plans?"

"Dunno... but whatever... whatever it is I bet it's going down to-tonight... at The Initiative. S-stop him... please."

"I will, now try and hold on until I can get a doctor."

I start to get up but he grabs my arm weakly.

"Don't bother I'm... I'm too far gone."

"But..."

"You... you have to know, he... we found out his power core, it's in his chest. You'll h-have to rip it out to... stop him."

"Okay I'll, stop him, just, stay still until I can get a doctor."

"Just promise... promise me you'll... you'll stop Adam."

"I will, I promise."

He smiles at me as he coughs up blood for the last time and collapses.

He's gone... all of Riley's friends are gone.

I stand up and look down at Graham's body.

I'll do it Graham, I'll stop Adam for you, for you and for Forrest and especially for Riley.

I look around the room at the bodies on my floor.

I'll do it for all of you, but I'll need some help.

I leave.

John's POV

Damn it!

I kick the garbage can in my office next to my desk.

I had her.

I start pacing around the room looking for something else to destroy.

I had her right there. She was busy trying to save that loser Riley, she didn't even see me coming up to her. I could've killed Faith and been done with it. Screw the plan, screw the trigger killing Buffy and taking Faith out in the process. If I get another chance to take either of them out I'm taking it. If Omega has a problem with it he can stake me after the prophecy DOESN'T come true and he doesn't get his ass kicked.

I decide to sit down on my desk.

Then again, I might not have to worry about my next chance to kill the slayers. If I'm right, Adam could be taking care of that very soon. Without Riley to plan around, he can go any time. If they haven't gotten too close to each other, Adam will tear them apart and our problems will be solved. He does want the slayers there for the kill count after all.

 He does want the slayers there for the kill count after all