Pillow Talk

Xander's POV

Wow that was...

"Wow..."

I put my hand on Anya's head as she lays it against my shoulder.

"Yeah..."

"That was..."

"Yeah..."

We lie in my bed for a few minutes in silence.

I wonder if Buffy and Faith will ever feel this way. If Buffy and Faith will ever be this happy... The way Anya makes me feel. Course they'd have to actually get together for that to happen. But with the way Buffy's been feeling and Faith being actively absent these past few days I don't see them getting together any time soon.

"What are you thinking?"

"Hmm?"

She traces a finger over my well toned chest.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Oh nothing."

"You were thinking about Buffy weren't you?"

"What? No I... I was..."

"It's all right, I get it."

"You get it? Get what?"

"I get why you were thinking about Buffy and Faith together. Men like lesbians."

What?

"Men like..."

"Men like lesbians I used to see it all the time."

"You did?"

"Oh yeah, some guy would try and convince his wife to sleep with some whore of a woman who they like better than their wife. And then they leave their wife for the other, which of course leads to the vengeance."

"Really?"

"Yeah, happened all the time... Xander?"

"Hmm?"

"Would you love me more if I was a lesbian?"

What?

I snuggle up closer to her.

I don't exactly know how to answer that.

"Well I... Anya I couldn't love you if you were a lesbian. Well I could it just, you wouldn't be able to love me back, what with the being a lesbian thing."

"Right... lesbians aren't big on the loving of men."

"Not as a rule no."

"Well we could see if Willow wanted to join us next time. Or Buffy, I know you've always had a thing for Buffy. She might be gay now but we could you know..."

"Anya, honey..."

This is a little too much.

"It's all right sweetie, you don't have to try and make me happy that way. You make me happy all by yourself."

"But..."

"I'm not saying it wasn't tempting. I'm just saying you don't have to do stuff to make me love you anymore than I already do."

She lifts herself up to look me in the eyes.

"You love me?"

I really said that didn't I?

"I guess I do, seeing as I said it."

I smile at her.

"I love you Anya."

She kisses me before lying back down next to me.

"I love you too Xander."

We lie there in each other's arms.

Well this is just great, I'm in love... and it feels great. I just hope Buffy and Faith can find this kind of happiness.

Tara's POV

She did it, she really did it. She put away that anger I was so worried about to do the right thing. To give Faith a little push in the right direction.

I snuggle up closer to Willow on the bed as she sleeps.

That's all I really wanted. Cause if she can't at least try and let go of her resentment for Faith then they can never be anything more than cold enemies, and that's not good for anyone. Especially since I still have this nagging feeling that Faith is gonna need a friend.

I don't have to worry about Faith's dislike of Willow Buffy will take care of that. And if what Willow said about her conversation with Faith was true, that'll go a long way to helping things between them. I just hope Faith was able to find Buffy so they could make up. With all they've been through they deserve some happiness.

I kiss Willow's naked shoulder and she starts to wake up. As she opens her eyes I reach up and pull her lips to mine.

"Thank you."

She's a little taken aback by the kiss, having just woken up.

"Wow, what did I do to deserve that? I only just woke up."

She's so cute when she cracks jokes like that.

"I wanted to thank you for last night."

She smiles at me.

"Uh, honey? You did most of the work."

I chuckle.

"Not that, I mean what you did for Faith, for talking with her."

"Oh, well I did that for Buffy. She was so hurt and hard as it is for me to admit, the person to help her with that is Faith. As long as Buffy's happy I'll learn to live with the idea of them together."

"Are you sure?"

"Well I'm not completely convinced Faith can make Buffy happy, but it's not up to me to figure that out. It's up to them."

I hug her a little tighter and she puts her hand on my arm around her stomach, rubbing it lovingly.

"I just hope nothing gets in the way of them figuring that out."

Get in the way?

"What could get in the way?"

"The end of the world?"

"Oh yeah..."

"We still don't know how Faith was able to stop Adam. What if this is what those cult vamps want? What if the whole point of everything that's happened is to make Faith strong enough to kill Buffy so they can destroy the world?"

"Do you really think Faith could hurt Buffy?"

"After what happened tonight with Faith I'm just not sure. I wanna believe she wouldn't hurt Buffy, but there's just so much we don't know about the prophecy, about the vamp cult and what they did to her. She might not want to, but she might, whether she wants to or not."

"Let's just hope things work out for the better."

"So what you're basically saying is we should have faith?"

"Yeah."

We sit there in silence before breaking out laughing.