Willow

Willow's POV

"And she's coming here to stay with us?"

Damn it Buffy, why didn't you call me and ask me if it was okay?

"No, no thanks Xander. No I'm not gonna turn Faith into a rat... not without knowing how to turn her back anyway. Thanks Xander, see ya soon."

I hang up the phone and turn to Tara.

"Turn her into a rat?"

"Oh... we've had troubles in the past with witches turning people into rats."

"And you don't like this Faith person?"

Right, sometimes I forget Tara hasn't known me that long. I love her so much I feel like I've known her forever.

"Faith, well how can I put this? Faith isn't like most people. She acts all nice and interesting but underneath she's a raving lunatic with homicidal tendencies."

"Homicidal tendencies?"

"Yes, she has a tendency to kill people every once in a while."

"So that's why you hate her?"

"Yes well... no, not entirely. I didn't like her much BEFORE she went all homicidal."

"Why?"

"Well she seemed nice at first but... well, Buffy and I are best friends. We have been for years..."

"But Faith changed all that? Was she more important to Buffy than you?"

I don't think so, at least I hope not.

"They were both slayers... they understand each other on a different level than me and Buffy..."

"So you were jealous?"

"I-no... I wasn't jealous they just, they spent a lot of time together. You know like slaying, training, destroying the forces of evil, slayer stuff."

"So you were jealous. You were afraid that Buffy and Faith would be better friends than you and Buffy... because they share something you and Buffy can never share. Am I close?"

"Y-yeah I... I guess you're right."

She knows me so well. She probably understands me better than I'll ever understand myself, but then, that's why I love her. More than I could ever love anyone... ever.

"Even after Faith went psycho Buffy still wanted to help her, I guess they were closer than I thought."

"Why would that be a reason to hate her?"

"It's not it's just... I guess... Buffy has never really been able to think straight when it comes to Faith."

The door opens. I turn and Buffy walks through.

"Hey Will..."

"Where's Faith?"

That might've been a little too direct.

"Jesus Will, direct much?"

I guess it was.

"Xander called... he told me what happened at Giles'. Where's Faith?"

Buffy points toward the door.

"I asked her to wait outside so you didn't freak out when you saw her, but obviously you're already freaking out so she might as well come in."

Whoa, whoa, whoa I gotta stop her.

"Wait, hold on no..."

I stop before she gets to the door.

"She isn't staying here."

"Why not?"

What the hell kinda question is that? I think it SHOULD be pretty fucking obvious why the hell not.

"Buffy she's evil. Plus I'm kinda sure she's sorta a few chess pieces short of a full chess board. She is NOT staying here."

No... I am not gonna cave on this. I WON'T let her stay here.

"Willow she's got nowhere else to stay."

"So what? The police can give her a nice comfy slab of stone to sleep on for all I care... there is no way I'll get any sleep with her anywhere near me."

"Will please... try not to yell, she'll hear you."

I wasn't yelling. Besides, what does it matter whether or not she hears me? It's better if she does in the long run anyway. I don't want her thinking we're going to be friends, I don't like her and that is the way it's gonna stay.

"I'll be as loud as I wanna be. Besides, Xander told me what happened. What happens if she goes all weird and tries to kill you again? How are we gonna stop her if she drags your rotting carcass in here to add to her pile of 'friends'?"

Yeah that's a good point to bring up. Let's see her get out of this one.

"Look, that's not gonna happen. I'll make sure of it."

Crap.

"How, how can you guarantee she won't get the best of you again? If she did it once she can probably do it again."

"W-Wesley said that whatever's making her go berserk is some sort of drug. We, we just have to wait until the drug goes through her system. Then we can help her get her memory back, I'm sure you could find a spell or something couldn't you?"

Hmm, what kind of spell would... whoa wait a second she's changing the subject.

"Don't change the subject. I'm not staying here if she is. This is my place and I live here, she doesn't."

"Will this is our place and I live here too and I say she stays."

"Damn it Buffy..."

"Hey, it's okay. Willow you can stay with me if you like."

I look at Tara.

"Thank you Tara."

I look back at Buffy.

"It's good to have people you can count on when you need them."

"Willow..."

"Buffy, it's late, I'm tired and I don't wanna argue about this anymore. Come on Tara."

I was kinda tired before she came in, and now I think I'm gonna pass out.

I take Tara by the hand and we leave the room. As we go down the hall I notice Faith sitting in the hall, elbows perched on her knees, hands on head.

She must've heard us in there. Hell half of Stevenson must've heard us. Good, at least she knows where I stand.

We head off down the hall and round the corner.