The Initiative

Faith's POV

I hit the roof of the elevator and my slayer shock absorbers absorb the shock of the probably 20 foot drop.

Well that was fun.

After a second something drops beside me. I look over.

Oh, right... HER.

"Are you okay?"

I wish she'd stop asking stupid questions.

"I'm fine... you?"

"I'm good, one of the benefits of having slayer shock absorbers."

I watch her ass jiggle as she slaps it, indicating her absorbers. I roll my eyes at her. I look down and unhook the latch on the currently underfoot overhead escape hatch, opening it. I motion for her to go first.

"Ladies first."

She comes over and stands over the hatch.

"Oh that's right, you're not a lady... but you're one hell of a hot woman."

She smiles at me before jumping into the elevator.

God that's even worse than the mirror joke.

I jump in after her. I hit the elevator floor and Buffy's already working on the door. She doesn't need help as the doors come open.

"Okay let's..."

The elevator comes open and all we hear is guns cocking.

"... go."

Outside the elevator there are six soldiers with their guns pointed at each of us.

Oh good, this looks like fun.

"The slayer... what are you doing here?"

"Looks like the party's already started eh B?"

"Maybe so."

"Party? What party?"

Buffy explains.

"The big massacre party Adam has planned for you and your boys."

"A massacre? Have you gone insane? We've had every possible entrance under constant surveillance since Adam woke up. There's no way he could get in without us knowing much less commit a massacre."

Are these people morons?

"You really think one little guard is gonna stop an evil killing machine?"

"All right, I've heard enough, these two are under arrest for breaking into a secret government building, and the murder of Agent Riley Finn. Let's go."

The toy soldiers cock their guns again.

I bet it's not the only thing they cock themselves.

I look over at B and she rolls her eyes at me. I let out a deep sigh before I step out of the elevator and surrender to the army brats.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

One of the action figures pokes me with his big stick, urging me to walk faster.

These boys are really starting to annoy me. Boys didn't used to annoy me, even the insane ones. Maybe it's this whole new orientation thing that's making these guys seem a little less than interesting. Bah, whatever.

The Colonel tries to assert his manly dominance over his prisoners as we walk by a big pit with demons strapped to gurneys and scientists doing experiments on them at the bottom.