Lies That Make The World Go Round

Faith's POV

"Now let's hear about this slayer prophecy."

She's very determined, and somehow, I think it's because she's trying to help me.

"Well when we considered the idea that it was a slayer prophecy, I decided it was a good idea to look in The Codex and I found something rather odd."

Odd?

"What was that?"

Mr. Giles looks over at me for a second and... I don't know, I don't see the hint of anger I see in everyone but Buffy.

He doesn't look angry but I don't think he's happy I'm here. I guess you could call it confused.

"I found it refers to the prophecy written in The Book of Karameth..."

"So? What's so weird about that?"

"Well it's the only one."

"Hun?"

She took the words right out of my mouth.

"It's the only reference in The Codex."

"Again I say hun?"

"Buffy this book has existed almost as long as the slayers. It contains every slayer prophecy ever written by man, demon, and everything in between. Not to mention a number of non-slayer prophecies."

"But this prophecy gets its own section in the slayer library."

"Exactly..."

"All right, so what do we know about this Book of Karmadeath?"

Karmadeath? That's so cute. Why is that cute?

"Karameth Buffy, Willow has had some success in that area. Willow?"

Willow glances over at me with this angry glare.

Okay, I dunno if that's a bad thing because of the prophecy or just in general because she hates me, uh-oh, no time to worry about that.

"Well, according what I could dig up... The Book of Karameth has been around for a while, rumors say that it contains a lot of powerful magics and apparently a number of prophecies..."

Prophecies?

"You mean prophecies like this 'Two into one' thing that these vampires hate so much?"

I get another angry look.

Okay maybe I'll just shut up and let her talk. I don't want to give her any more reasons to hate me.

I look over at Buffy and she's already looking back at me. She sorta half smiles at me for a second with worry and then her face changes to a weird look before she goes back to her friends.

Okay um, what?

"Do we have the book?"

"No, over the years there have been a number of references to it appearing places with no discernible pattern but it hasn't been seen in over a century. The last reference to it was somewhere here in North America..."

"But let me guess, we have no idea where."

"Not for the moment, no... but we're working on narrowing it down."

"Good, okay good so we're making progress. You guys keep working on that and I'll hit the streets with Faith and see what I can dig up before I start helping her remember her training."